“picture postcard !!!”
Review of Rovinj

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
carnoustie,scotland
3 helpful votes
“picture postcard !!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2008

We like to try different places and also those that are not over commercialised so we opted for Rovinj in Croatia what a beautiful place. It was just like a picture on a postcard!! the place was spotlessly clean, the food magnificent, and the people very friendly. the sea is a sight to see, you do need shoes to get in as its a bit stony but once you are in its breathtaking you can see all the way to the bottom the water is so clear.We went in September and the weather was beautiful and we took a trip to Venice for the day what a city that is too see !!!. I would definately recommend it somewhere to try.

3 Thank tiggs17
Newmarket
6 helpful votes
“Beautiful jewel on the Adriatic”
Reviewed October 7, 2007

I spent 2 weeks i Rovinj with my boyfriend in September, and we absolutley loved it.
The people were friendly, the food was delicious and the town was really lovely.
There isn't a huge amount to do in Rovinj itself once you have explored the cobbled streets of the old town and had a walk along the harbour and marina, but for a but of R&R it was perfect.

I would recomment Toni's as our favourite restaurant - it has a tiny little interior and a terraced area on the street near just off the harbour. The fish soup was fantastic, and there was a good selection of more unusual dishes that didn't appear on other restaurant menus. To be honest we didn't have a bad meal - lots of freshly caught fish, pasta and pizzas - the Italian influence means they were the best pizzas I've had outside Italy.

We stayed at a private apartment called Villa Lucu. Excellent suburban location 5 minutes walk from the bars/restaurant. The owner Gordana was lovely, invited us for a beer when we arrived and couldn't have been a more convivial host. Appartment was a good size, with huge separate bedroom and a decent size terrace which was perfect for breakfast. Shops nearby, so no need to run short. 35 euros per night, so a bargain too. I noticed that lots of hotels are half board and I really wouldn't want to be tied to eating hotel food in Rovinj as there are so many fab places to eat. Private accomodation is perfect as you can do what you want.
This is where I found our appartment
[--]

We also visited Pula and Porec, but they weren't as charming as Rovinj. Would recommend a trip to Pula, go and see the ampitheatre, but I wouldn't bother with Porec.

We did go on a boat trip around the islands and up the Lim Canal. Great day out and we even had a fish picnic on the boat. Great trip, would recommend it - there are plenty of boats around the harbour offereing such trips.

I'm sure we'll be back to Rovinj I just hope it isn't spoiled when more Brits discover its charm!

6 Thank LittleHelen
dublin
6 helpful votes
“Rovinj in Istria”
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Have just returned from a 10 day holiday in Rovinj. Had a great time. We stayed in the Adriatic hotel in the centre of the village, great location, close to everything. The harbour is a little noisy in the mornings but nothing we couldnt handle! Rovinj is really pretty and theres a good selection of restaurants and bars to choose from most noteably Lampos (fish platter is fantastic) and Uliko (pricey but excellent food however the waitress is very rude so be prepared!). The cobble streets are lovely and there is no shortage of places to sit down relax and enjoy some local wine or beer! dont miss the sunsets as they are amazing. grab a seat and a cocktail and dont miss it!

6 Thank ripley2006
Pula, Croatia
4 helpful votes
“Rovinj”
Reviewed June 24, 2007

Rovinj one of the most beatefullist towns in Istria.
The most spesific part of Rovinj is definetly the old town.
If you would take a moment while walking you would feel the Venezian atmosfere in the air. The old stone way, the houses gatherd one after another, the fresh smell of the see and the open people realy give you the fealing that you were catapulted right back in to the renaissance !

But the exact stone way makes it so dificult to travel for the disabiled ones or if you desire to take a bike ride you might wanna check your amortiseres twice !

But all in all you realy might wann check the place out if your in Istria it's wearth it !

PS: Sorry about my spealing !

4 Thank igorpula
Toronto
54 helpful votes
“Paradise!”
Reviewed November 12, 2006

what a beautiful city. We were on our eurotrip, decided to stop by Rovinj. I was amazined. It is like a little Venice. Everything is soo ancient and mysterious. So many great stores. Walk up the hill through the small local streets to the very top (where the church is) to get a view from the top and then go down to the nort shore they have beautiful rocky beaches and the water is crystal blue and see through. You can also jump from the rocks if you are brave. I did!
the stores are relatively cheap than the ones in Dubrovnik, with a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables

11 Thank keitysja

Been to Rovinj? Share your experiences!