All reviewsold townno elevatorthe ownerlocal marketcentral locationsmall balconynice roomamenitiesairportbakerycroatiaaccommodationvillasplitbeaches
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Clean, comfortable and quiet even in July when Trogir is very very crowded. Good place to stay just across the bridge from Trogir with parking. Very near airport but no airport noise. Good center to visit the coast and the national park where the waterfalls are great.

Spacious room with modern facilities. Ironing facilities available.

Room Tip: All rooms were good
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank OspreySwansea_Wales
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Villa Maslina was our first stop on our first Croatia visit so we didn't know what to expect but this place set the standard for the rest of the trip. The room was immaculate and comfortably furnished. Sure it's small but it's not a suite, it's a room. The TV and internet worked, the bathroom was very clean and modern, and the unit had a good heating/cooling unit and two windows for fresh sea-breeze.
The location is ideal - not in the bustle of the old town but only moments away on foot, and even closer to the excellent local market. Our cab driver was unfamiliar with the place so bringing the address or even a photo of the place with you might be helpful.
Staff were friendly and helpful and had no problem arranging our late arrival.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Tomislava B, Owner at Villa Maslina, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2015

Thank you for your great comment, hope to see you again.

Villa Maslina

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in Trogir. Its situated on the main road through Trogir, so for anyone who has a car on their travels, its perfect, especially as it has a carpark, unlike any of the hotels actually in the old town of Trogir. A 24 hr bank is downstairs, which is very handy, and there is also a choice of 2 supermarkets within 50 meters. Although on the main road, it has brand new double glazing, so noise is minimal. The walk to the old town is about 200 meters, but takes you through a food and clothes market, which was nice to browse. There are several bars on the way. The room we were in had a lovely spacious balcony, with a table and 2 chairs. In the room was a very comfortable double bed, mini fridge, tv, safe and remote air conditioning. The bathroom was very clean and up to date. The owners are exceptionally helpful and kind, and couldn't do anymore to make us comfortable. The rooms are on the 3rd floor, but the owners offered to carry our luggage at check-in and check-out. Overall, we had a wonderful 11 nights.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom W
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here for three nights. the apartment was well stocked, exceptionally clean and well stocked. Kingsize comfortable bed. Balcony overlooking the town. Tony was brilliant , nothing was too much trouble, gave great advice. Parking at the front of the hotel was included which was very convienent. All round a great place

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank qwerty12345607
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here for one night in July. I got a good price even though it was high season, probably because I booked last minute and for a Monday night.

It's a small hotel with a reception and onsite staff. It's located on the 3rd and 4th floors of a building. The room was clean. It was fairly large for a single. The bedroom was set apart from the entrance area and bathroom. The air conditioning worked well. It's on the main street that runs along the coast, but very close to the old town of Trogir. Amenities are located nearby. If you stay here you don't get the charm of being right in Trogir itself. But it's only a short walk away.

It makes perfect sense to stay here if you have to fly out of Split airport in the morning. It's walking distance from the bus station. I'd say about 400 meters. Bus 37 leaves all day (including early in the morning) to Split airport. It's a local bus and costs something like 13 kuna. The bus stop is on the road for some reason (not in the airport itself), you have to walk into the airport. About 200 metres.

My main issue with the hotel is that the wifi was spotty. I don't know whether this was my older laptop though. Also, the sattelite TV (despite having all these hundreds of stations) still did not have truly good English stations. I could find only the usual news stations. I saw this at other hotels though. Heck, this is a problem all over Europe (including at the chain hotel I stayed at in Zurch about two months ago). Germans get proper TV; English speakers get to watch the news.

I'd give the hotel about a 3.5/5, but the guy working there was kind of enough to allow me to do a load of laundry at no extra charge. I was grateful for that and this is enough for me to bump it up to a 4/5.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo