All reviews the river fish stew great location well located hotel rooms are clean the hotel staff iguana park malecon penas city galapagos las taxi
Reviewed December 11, 2017

We stayed here for two nights before travelling to the Galapagos.

Check-in and out was easy as we had pre-booked online. Service was pleasant and attentive.

We were offered a free welcome drink voucher.

The room was large and clean with a lazy boy chair, TV and air conditioning.

Comfortable king size bed.

Clean bathroom with rainfall shower. Hot and good pressure.

Noise from the street was minimal. However some noise came from guests heading to and from their rooms in the corridor.

The breakfast was buffet-style with ample.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
David M, Gerente at Hotel Ramada, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2018

Dear Polo_and_Marco

Thank you for the time writing your review, we are really happy to know that the location of our hotel, exceeded your expectations and the service offered by our customer service team was pleasant and attentive with you.

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

I made a reservation for two nights at this hotel. Chose it because it was close to El Malecón, and in the center of town, where some of our company's customers are located. Now the review: location is good, if you want to be in the downtown area. Rooms are old, in dire need of renovation. Smelly, dirty and in a state of decay I had not seen in years of visiting hotels. Bed is again old. Mattresses are hard as rocks. Pillows could not be any worse. Bathroom is a story on its own. Had a very particular smell I gathered came from the piping. The shower tiles were filled with a suspicious black trimming, probably from years of poor cleaning. Now to the restaurant. There is one, that serves a breakfast buffet for breakfast and has a lunch and dinner menu. Our waiter was annoyed by us. Yes. Annoyed. He clearly showed he was not happy for having to deal with customers. Did not like the questions we asked about the menu, and certainly showed he did not care about his customers throughout our dinner. God was something to forget, if you can. Other than. That there is a pool and a gym. The pool looked fine. The gym is a tiny room with a treadmill and a bicycle, or so I remember. You can call it a gym but it looks like a tiny room with a treadmill and a bycicle. In the end, we left and headed for a different hotel for the second night. If you plan to go to Guayaquil, do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
David M, Gerente at Hotel Ramada, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2017

Dear acodon,

Thank you for the time in writing your review, we are really sorry that your stay with us did not satisfied your expectations, we are planning to continue improving our building for giving a better experience to our guests in the following year.
We are doing corrections with our staff to avoid this kind of behaviour with our guest.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

We stayed at this hotel for two night before departing to the Galapagos. The location was perfect - right across from the Malecon and a lovely walk to Las Penas. We were surprised how quiet our room was on a Saturday night across from the park. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating despite our language difficulties. We enjoyed our breakfasts, particularly the fish stew. The wifi was a bit in and out...which is why the grade is Very Good, not Excellent. The pool in the courtyard looked lovely but we were just too busy to swim.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Karen2L,

Thank you for the time writing your review, we are really happy to know that the location of our hotel, exceeded your expectations and the Confort of our rooms was good for your stay.

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Staff is lovely and responsive and rooms are clean and modern. As hotel is close to main thoroughfare and quite central and soundproofing is poor on the windows you can hear quite a bit of street noise. Earplugs helps. Beds are firm and fairly comfortable. Bathroom is ok in size, clean and all in working order, if a little dated. A plus is the spa section with a covered pool area with seating and sunbeds.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
David M, Gerente at Hotel Ramada, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Dear majormotoko,

We appreciate the time dedicate to write your review, it is good to know that you stay at the hotel was nice.
In the future we are planning to renovate some areas that are old.

We look forward to serve you soon

General Manager.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

I often wait a few days before I write a negative review to allow experiences, thoughts and emotions to settle in. By that time I get a clear picture of what was worth a mention and what is not. However this hotel stirred emotions nestled so deep within my cerebral cortex that I just have to vent. This is the possibly one of--if not the the worst hotel I have ever been to, and granted life has taken everywhere. It is as if bates motel and hotel cortez ( AHS) had a horror love child. Dark creepy hallways, quasi abandoned facilities, strange gunk on the bathroom walls. Honestly It gives the heebities just thinking about it. The horror starts at check in. Did you look at the pics and go "oh that's not bad...and its next to malecon, can't be that bad?..." yeah welcome to my world. However, FYI the rooms in the pictures are double what you probably reserved. They don't tell you that the room that you reserve is a creepy 1960's style room. They keep adjusting the price--want a view? 10 more! Want a room with no carpet that probably witnessed 4 mardi gras and 6 spring breaks? 20 more dollars! Want the rooms in the picture 30.00 more! There isn't a single thing I think of that would make me want to ever set foot in this hotel again. Put it this way, after taking a shower I noticed strange dark spots on the towel. Although I convinced myself it could have been some sort of stew or soup stain, the truth is, that it probably was skid marks. If that does not make you shriek in your boots, then get this, they swiped my card without my consent 2x, charging a total of over 300 usd for a bill of 150. The front desk said " oops, sorry." It just baffles how " oops sorry " could be part of the training manual. Additionally, if you are coming for business, there is no iron. What business man doesn't iron his clothes??? The solution? Send your clothes to the over priced laundry service with at least 1-2 hours of notice. I mean I can live with that, but wait, it better be between 9 am and 6pm, if not you are simply out of luck. Need someone to clean your bathroom/room after-hours? ( i spilled water in my room) Be ready to get a frantic handy man wiping with a towel. Cleaning staff have a 9-5 job. Thinking about eating at the hotel? Just to let you know every dish is 150 grams, that equals about 4 tiny pieces of beef in their outrageously overpriced goat stew, or 3 fingers of a hard two month old frozen sirloin steak. It is next to the malecon, i'll give you that, but the streets around the hotel--yikes! I felt safer when I visited Honduras. Honestly if this hotel wants to be in business they need to make some serious changes. Light all the hallways, clean the carpet, do a better job at cleaning, new menu, and a complete revision of staff mannerisms. For now, seriously there are many many more hotels in the area that are way better. Not to drop any names, but after the skid mark incident i checked and moseyed on over to a small hotel behind the courtyard Marriott for about 20 usd less and about 190% more value for money. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

Room Tip: Stay away, honestly please
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business