“Expectations unmet, unfortunately ”
Review of La Casa di Carlo

La Casa di Carlo
Ranked #27 of 589 Restaurants in Guayaquil
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

The home made pasta ravioli was great, the olive oil octopus, however the wine list was poor and a mess to understand which wines are available, where they are from and wineries. The worst was their prized tiramisu, in my humble opinion one of the worst I've ever tried... run away...

Date of visit: March 2018
CarlaColombara, Propietario at La Casa di Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Dear client I am so sorry to read the bad experience you suffered. I will make sure we change de wine menu, and will try the Tiramisu to see whats going on. If you are still in Guayaquil we will love to invite you to visit us again. Please give us an email to contact you and make a formal invitation.

Carla Colombara

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Came with great expectations from the reviews, but was quite disappointed. The Cesar salad was soggy and soaked in heavy sauce. The risotto with scallops was also very heavy and the scallops chewy. The whole meal gave me upset stomach. The decor is nice, though. And the waiter was courteous, though they could have offered a replacement when they saw me not eating my food.

Date of visit: February 2018
CarlaColombara, Propietario at La Casa di Carlo, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

Dear traveler i am so very sorry to read your review, If you are still in Guayaquil we would love to make up for this bad experience. Please give us a phone number or email were we can contact you to give you a $50.00 gift card.

Thanks for leting us know.

Carla Colombara
Restaurant owner

Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

I have to give the 5 stars... I asked my Caesar salad with extra anchovies because I loved them and it was amazing! My pasta... Spaghetti al Barcarollo... Excellent! Put pepperonccini and parmiggiano... Maridated with a malbec cup... My biggest surprise is the ricotta cheese they put as an appetizer in the table!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed March 8, 2016 via mobile

The place is large enough for a big meeting. The food is very detailed made: Exquisite.
Service is good, but took almost one hour for a 20 person party.
Every food is formidable: Sea food, chicken, meat, pork. The pasta is hand made.
You will not have any surprises in Casa di Carlo. It is a highly recommended restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed December 14, 2015 via mobile

The place is hard to find, but I believe is part of the charm, you find a house turned into a restaurant with details all around the walls and tables.mu moms love this place.
It is possible to find the owner eating there with his family, he goes once in a while asking how things are or just waves. It takes a while to have your meal ready but the taste confirms that is fresh. It is a little expensive, for 2 people around 60 (meal + wine) but usually Italian food is expensive. They don't work on Saturdays . Private parking is available. I haven't tried the desserts but will give it a try next time.

Date of visit: October 2015