“Great Mexican food in GQUIL. ”
Review of La Dona

La Dona
Ranked #16 of 561 Restaurants in Guayaquil
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Great Mexican food in Ecuador. It is the best I tasted in Ecuador. Really delicious their burrito a lo macho and their quesadillas 4 quesos. Their margaritas are too strong so be careful if you are not used to drinking like me or if you are driving. A bit expensive but worth it.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

The restaurant is comfortable with nicely spaced outdoor tables and good service. Prices are reasonable and portions are large.
This is a typical pseudo Mexican restaurant similar to basic Tex-Mex restaurants in the U.S. Not the most authentic but the food is good (not great or cutting edge in anyway) and simple. The burritos were huge and were not bad at all. Nachos were fine, not a great stand out but this restaurant is not shooting for the stars. Its a simple, relaxing restaurant that has nice outdoor tables located in an upscale retail and restaurant complex.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Very cool Mexican restaurant. Good food and good ambiance. Best of all is the place it is in. Plaza Lagos. Full of little restaurants and bars, music etc. Worth to check it out.

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

My gf and I were in Guayaquil for a few days and found this great restaurant in plaza lagos. We choose this restaurant because there were a handful of other restaurants in the immediate area with a few patrons but mostly empty tables. La Doña had no empty tables, so we thought that this must be a sure sign. We weren't wrong. We were lucky enough to get a table quickly and ordered margaritas which were great, looked classy, and tasted smooth. My gf had a salad with beef which she said was the best salad she had ever had, and I had the carnitas burrito which was delicious. Having lived the greater part of the last ten years in Texas and SoCal, I can attest to high quality of Mexican cuisine that we had consumed. We stayed a good long while just chatting amongst ourselves and there was absolutely no pressure to leave.

Here is the best part; we didn't realize the time had past and the plaza was closed. No taxi service was available unless you leave the plaza on foot which we were told is a little bit risky at night. After leaving La Doña to search for a ride back to the hotel, unsuccessfully, we returned to the restaurant to ask them to call a cab for us. One of the servers told us not to worry about it and that he would drive us back to our hotel (which was the Marriott; about 15-20 away). Sure enough the server kept his word and took us back. I never did get his name but my novia and I were extremely grateful and I can't remember a time that we had received such exceptional service.

Thank you La Doña!

Reviewed July 19, 2017

been here many times. The food is always good and the ambiance is always nice. The portions are very generous so be cautious when ordering starters so you might get full before your main dish arrives. Highly recommended