“Authentic Mexican food, good ambience”
Review of La Dona

La Dona
Ranked #14 of 589 Restaurants in Guayaquil
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2018

the staff is courteous and ensures quick processing of orders, quality and portion sizes are good, good ambience , music is a little too loud at times, makes conversation difficult.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 2, 2018

We were at least 12 people, it was a friday night and they kept our reervation even though we were late. I ordered a burrito and it was so big and delicious. There were no complaints among my friends so i guess it was alright. The decor is nice and you can see beautiful people too lol

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

I lived in Mexico so I know Mexican food really well. This restaurant knows it too. The food is very authentic and delicious. Nice ambience. Love it.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed November 7, 2017

This is a nice casual restaurant for Sunday lunch.

I ordered a salad to start, which was not very Mexican, but I feared that the main course would be large which it was.

The burrito was good but not as spicy as you find in Mexico.

The brownie was different to what I had tasted before but very nice

During my meal the head waiter kept on telling my waiter off about the wine bucket, napkins, etc but i told him not to worry as it was a good experience.

This experiene changed when he brought the bill which included a 10% tip. I signed the pre cuenta (as it is called here - I am a Spanish speaker) to agree with this amount

However, when the credit card invoice arrived there was an additional 10% charged which aleady had been taken as I had the payment confirmation on my phone.

They then took another payment for the original amount which they said would be refunded - in time....

I can only assume that this happened as I was a foreigner

Not impressed

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Great Mexican food in Ecuador. It is the best I tasted in Ecuador. Really delicious their burrito a lo macho and their quesadillas 4 quesos. Their margaritas are too strong so be careful if you are not used to drinking like me or if you are driving. A bit expensive but worth it.

Date of visit: August 2017