“Sunset Dinner”

Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Maharepa
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: French, Pizza, Grill, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe-Restaurant au bord du lagon. Cadre Paradisiaque pour une Cuisine Gastronomique Nouvelle ! Nous sommes ouvert 7 jours sur 7 de 11h30 a 21h00 si le temps le permet ! Dans son cadre unique au bord du Lagon, au centre de Maharepa, Moorea Beach Cafe vous offre un nouveau concept gastronomique au gout local dans une ambiance musicale d'exception. Hotel Pickup sur demande - Free Hotel Pickup on demandFree Internet - Connection Internet Gratuite
Reviewed November 19, 2017

I had sunset dinner reservation, so left the hotel on the 5:15pm shuttle and arrived around 5:50pm for dinner. There is a free return shuttle about 2 hours later. Sunset was pretty but not visible from my table near the bar so had to get up to take pics. There is a price fixed sunset menu for about $48US per person from 5-6pm with several good options for appetizers main course and desert. I opted for the a la carte menu. Prices are about the same as the resort but portions are larger. My bill was about $102US for 3 courses and a drink. Cocktails are about $15US regular to $20US for premium, about $20US+ for appetizers and about $30US+ for entrees.
Friendly staff and the owner is French but I was able to order in English with no problem. Opting for the a la carte menu, I ordered a Mojito, 6 escargot, beet and goat cheese salad, parrot fish and sorbet. My cocktail was ok, but Mojitos are my favorite drink. I've had them in Cuba so my expectations are high. The escargot was served hot with a fresh baked small sliced baguette. The greens from the beet were a little bitter but the sweetness from the roasted beets and creamy flavorful goat cheese helped to balance it out. The parrot fish is local white fish of medium texture not flaky like tilapia but not as meaty as tuna. It was simply grilled and served with a truffle dipping sauce over gnocchi in white cream sauce- delicious. I was unable to finish the entire thing. The passion fruit sorbet was also very good. Be sure to bring big spray and pay attention to the time of the return shuttle. Overall an enjoyable meal with a sunset view!

Mooreabeachcafe, Owner at Moorea Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

Dear Customer,

Thank you for including MBC to your traveling experience in Moorea, it was a great pleasure to have you here with us!!!

Out of a concern for improvement, I ensure you that your whole comment will be taken into consideration.!!

We truly appreciate your support and your time to share your experience at MBC with the rest of the world!!!

Bruno

Write a ReviewReviews (1,997)

Reviewed November 18, 2017

We ate here twice as the food was so good. It's a bit pricey but worth it considering the quality of the food. My favourite was the seared tuna salad - it was amazing. They also offered seared tuna with risotto - also delicious. My husband ordered the pizza and loved it.

Dear Customer,

We truly appreciate your support and your time to share your experience about our food with the rest of the world!!!

Our motivation is to bring the best to our guests everyday.

"The Best Compliment You Can Give us Is The Referral of Your Friends and Family!"

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here tonight and while the food was not bad , for the money we paid it wasn't memorable or special.

We had the garlic bread (500) which was good but a bit soft and soggy in the middle

Next we had the tuna tartare with fried shallots , we enjoyed that very much but it was way more expensive than other places we had visited in the island.

For our mains we had the filet mignon and the octopus salad which I hated ; but let me say that the owner was gracious enough to add vegetables after I stated that I hated potatoes ( main ingredient in the salad which I didn't not see on the menu MY mistake ).

We also had the profiteroles which were a bit salty and with a touch of orange zest that we didn't enjoy so much.

All in all , the place is nice and lively and they pick you up at your hotel. The hours are 5:30, 7:00 or 8:00.

Keep in mind that you must wait for about 2 hours for the shuttle back to your hotel.

We thought this place was over priced. We know Moorea is expensive but this restaurant was at least 20% more expensive than other similar places we tried.

We heard the pizzas are very good ......

Guess we'll never know

1  Thank claudiacetto
Mooreabeachcafe, Owner at Moorea Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

Reviewed November 17, 2017

This restaurant was highly recommended by friends of ours. We were picked up by their free shuttle and taken back 2 hours later, this was a fantastic service

View was lovely, looking straight out to the sea, able to watch the little fish swimming around.

They have a cat that wanders around the restaurant. All outside with a roof cover.

They have a small gift shop onsite which is where you pay.

Owner walks around all the time talking to the patrons, and making sure you are happy with the food etc.

Service was very slow to start with, but once we ordered we were promptly delivered our food.

The food itself was ok, but nothing i would rave about.

1  Thank danjonelson

Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch twice and was not disappointed. Great service, great food, and bar none one of the best beachfront locations I have ever been to.

FYI the burger is a big portion!!

Mooreabeachcafe, Owner at Moorea Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017