All reviews fish cook s bay french polynesia french channels four wheel drive allo pizza tiny beach beachfront bungalow the water's edge car or scooter star property magic mountain stayed nights private beach other resorts pier swimming
Reviewed July 31, 2018

I was a bit surprised to discover H.K. was closer to the shopping area of the town and not surrounded by beaches rather buildings. My all over feeling about the hotel is " fine, but not what I expected" . I was first given a small bungalow on the very small beach, behind the dining area,felt isolated..I was able to move to the other side which I would recommend..more greenery, more activity although no beach as such.

The staff was helpful, the restaurant was fine with a lovely view of Cook's Bay. The cottages are very clean with a nice front porch. The electricity is controlled by the small card attached to the key chain; consequently the refrig goes off when you leave...so no cooled drinks for your return!

The price is right, so as long as you your expectations are reasonable you'll be fine, this is an older hotel. A car or scooter rental is recommended.

Room tip: ask for the cottage area with the sea wall, ocean view
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SeafoodLover432
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

This was our 1st time on Moorea and we liked the island. We did have some unexpected issues. 1st -was the water in Cook’s Bay is not the stereotypical crystal blue. By no means is it not beautiful but on the other side of the island it is gorgeous. 2nd- the Hotel did not credit our booking with Agoda and we had to work out the details while we were in Bora Bora. Not something you want to do while on vacation. It also tied up funds from my husbands credit card for a week while we were on vacation. This was not our fault and the hotel did not offer any compensation for the international service fee or for our trouble.
3rd - My husband contracted Dengue Fever while here. It is and awful fever and can be serious. Lucky we were on the way home.

Not sure we would be back but it was a nice room, very basic. Take some time when deciding.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AllieJosie1
kavekaMoorea, Front Office Manager at Hotel Kaveka, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Dear Guest – thank you for taking the time to post this review concerning your experience here at the hotel – we really appreciate your feed-back, nevertheless we would simply like to contribute to your comments so as to put your remarks in context with the reality of what really happened.

Please visit our website at www.hotel Kaveka.com and the many other websites hosting reviews and you can find contradictions to your statement concerning the quality of our beach and lagoon; this is in relation to you comment that our water is not stereotypical crystal blue.

The issue you had with your reservation that you processed thru a website provider was initially due to your own fault, as according to our files you made numerous reservations that of course created confusion upon check-in. This mainly due to the fact that during the check-in procedure you produced the wrong website provider vouchers (that you had prior to your arrival already cancelled) Of course initially we did not understand why we could not collect payment due to the fact that you had mistakenly presented upon arrival the already cancelled vouchers. After numerous phone calls with your website provider did we finally sort this matter out.

Also even though this issue was not our fault, we nevertheless apologized for the inconvenience this may have caused to all parties.

Thank you for visiting our property and hopefully one day you will visit our islands again.

Life is Paradise

Reviewed June 8, 2018

We stayed in one of the lagoon facing bungalows. It was spacious, clean and in good condition. The staff here are very friendly and the restaurant is very good. Situated on a pier so you can look over an see the fish while you are enjoying the meal. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and when the staff found out they made it a very special night for us. We enjoyed this hotel as it was quite and very relaxing and in a good location.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luffers10
Reviewed March 4, 2018

I took a group of people, a few years ago. I went back last year with my family. The place is simple but very nicely situated. The bungalows are nice. Mine was a brand new garden one and the shower room was amazing. Just walk through the garden and you are next to the sea. If you don't have a car you can take the shuttle organised by Kaveka and go to the nearest place with a cafe and a few shops. It is complimentary. The staff is nice and very helpful. it was all we needed for a great relaxing time in Moorea!

Date of stay: July 2017
3  Thank nathalierp2017
Reviewed February 13, 2018

We recently stayed in a local resort on Moorea and were looking for a place with a nice ambiance and good food. We found it here! A free pick up from our resort was a bonus. Because we were there in low season (January) it was quiet. We were actually the only couple in the entire place and had terrific service. We had a table along the water's edge and could watch the fish feeding while we waited for our dinner to arrive. My hubby had the swordfish and said it was terrific. I ordered the pineapple chicken and although it was very tasty and delicious the portion was too much for me to eat it all. If we were there longer we would have gone back for another meal.

Room tip: more beautiful at night to see the fish, stars, etc
Date of stay: January 2018