“Fabulous Day!!!”
Review of Spa Baan Suerte

Spa Baan Suerte
Ranked #10 of 20 things to do in Sandy Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Tucked into one of Roatan's most beautiful gardens, Spa Baan Suerte is a peaceful sanctuary, truly a tropical paradise.Replenish your soul in this tranquil Caribbean setting where the naturally restorative power of the islands allows you to bring your life into balance.Swim, snorkel, kayak, wander a sandy beach or do absolutely nothing at all. Just let go and allow us to pamper you with our exquisite treatments and exceptional service
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We only had 6 1/2 hrs at this port and since it was our last port we decided to lay low and book a spa day. GREAT CHOICE!! These guys were top notch from the beginning - great communication, accomodated last minute changes, beautiful grounds, reasonable prices (ok the cab cost $25 US per person - $150 for 6 people so maybe do your homework there, but the spa doesn't set those prices!) We had mayan mud wraps (really messy girls but fabulous. Don't worry about your hair before you go because you'll be in and out of the shower so such with this treatment!) 90 minute massages, men's facials, pumpkin facials, you name it. We all loved it!! Alicia - best EVER!!! Thank you Spa Baan Suerte - if we make it back, we'll be back!! Only regreat is we didn't have time to enjoy the beautiful grounds and beach.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

The spa's website mentions at length the oasis like nature of the spa and how you can relax and spend the day there with any of their services. When I arrived I was pleased to find that this oasis truly existed and I was looking forward to relaxing by the pool with a good book for an hour or so before meeting my husband who was out diving for the morning. Unfortunately, after all of my services were complete I was rushed out by the masseuse and the owner. I believe I was their only client that day but I was dissappointed that I was not made to feel welcome to relax as their website advertised. Instead I had to sit at a local restaurant and wait an hour for my husband to finish his morning dives. The spa treatments were great (priced at US prices instead of Honduran prices but worth it) but if you are looking for a day at the spa you may be lucky and catch them on a day where they let you stay to do so, unlike I was able to do.

1  Thank saracokl
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Bann Suerte was built on the philosphy of catering to the basic needs of restorative health. Picture youself on a massage table, in an island island style cabin tucked into a lush garden. You can have your manicure and pedicure sitting under a thatch roof, open on all sides with the sound of running water beside you and tall trees and stone steps leading you to this private place.

Spend the day there. Have a variety of treatments. Eat a small deiciously fixed healthy lunch. Enjoy walking the gardens that slip down the slope to the beach. You'll feel that you are in paradise, and you are.

2  Thank TxRose75
Reviewed 21 January 2012

My wife and I visited Spa Baan Suerte during a cruise on Celebrity Solstice. I booked our spa services via email with Mariela afdter visiting their website, who was very prompt and helpful. We were actually picked up at the port by the owner, who is just a great gal! I mentioned I had a hankering for a Caribbean lobster so she immediately called the owner of the Blue Bahia (just a few properties down from the spa) to make sure he had fresh lobster. He did and assured us he would be ready for us. After our spa services we lounged in the hot tub for a while then the owner drove us to the restaurant (could have walked but way too lazy by then). The food was great -- open air local restaurant with an extensive menu and great drinks. When we were finished with lunch the owner of Baan Suerte picked us up and took us back to the ship! Warning --- Baan Suerte is not some corporate "Disney" spa. It's simply a nice property, with real people who do a great job at a fair price. If you are looking for something like you'd find at the Ritz Carlton, look elsewhere. If you are looking for something authentic, with staff that is just looking to please, this is the spot. It was a highlight of our cruise.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

We came into Roatan on the Crown Princess on January 10, 2012. I had pre-booked a couples massage and facial package with Spa Baan Suerte. The driver from the spa was waiting for us and drove us to the spa while pointing out the local highlights. The spa is lovely. There are individual cottages that are nicely decorated. Each couple got their own private cottage where all the treatments were delivered. Following our wonderful treatments, we walked down a path to the beach and had lunch a couple properties over to the left where we received a free appetizer for being a spa customer. All of our food was good at the restaurant. The spa owner even called us at the restaurant to let us know she would send our driver to get us so we didn't have to walk up the hill to get back to the spa (my husband has a heart condition so this was much appreciated). I would highly recommend this as a great day to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of the cruise ship.

1  Thank irene363