1,291 results
All reviews dolphin encounter shark dive snack shop boat captain horseback riding fish superior room dolphin camp snorkel package soup or salad dive shop cactus juice main island medical clinic night dive great diving soups
Reviewed March 19, 2017

For my daughter's 16th birthday we decided to sign up for a "Discover Scuba" excursion at Anthony's Key Resort while on a cruise. Best decision we could have made. We really got our money's worth. That day was something my daughter and I will never forget. The entire experience was enjoyable from start to finish. The drive from the cruise terminal was through the REAL Central America, which was a bonus. The dive instructors were friendly, engaging and competant. I felt totally comfortable having them watch over my daughter on her very first dive. The dive gear was clean and in good condition. When I encountered a problem with a buckle on my BCD before diving, they did not hestitate, they just swapped it out for another one. If you are unsure about your interest level in diving, I suggest spending your day ashore with the team at Anthony's Key Resort and let them introduce you rto the world of diving.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2017

One of the best places I have been to so far. The staff is incredible and extremely helpful. The water is clear and you get lost in the beauty of the area. Secluded in a cove, they have numerous boats, so you are not packed together. I think there were 6 divers with 2 dive masters on our boat. I was on a ship excursion, but have already talked to my wife about returning for a dive vacation. If you have the opportunity to dive at this resort, do not pass up this adventure.

Room Tip: As this was an excursion, I did not stay at the resort, but they do have rooms that are out over the water.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

We did the "basic intro to scuba" What a fantastic time. I want to go back and get certified here. The instructors were awesome. The resort looked like a great get away spot. I have heard diver friends say Rotan is a great dive spot and I believe them.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2017

Anthony's Key has many Dolphin swims from which to choose. I chose the Dolphin Action Swim. I must say that the staff was patient, informative and pleasant. To fly through the water whether hanging on to Ron and Franks dorsal fins or have them put their noses to the bottom of my feet and push me at 20 mph through the water was truly so much fun! There were other experiences offered on the same adventure such as having a kiss from one of them and playing in the water with these wonderful, smiling creatures. The entire experience was something I will always cherish. In addition driving myself around the island with a excellent guide in the passenger seat was also quite the treat...not too big on the taste of Iguana I had but it had been prepared well as far as I could tell! A great day to remember!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

We came here with kids (5 and 9 year old boys) because we hears such wonderful things about the Dolphin Encounter. This absolutely blew me away. Best Dolphin Encounter we've ever seen (also done in Cabo, visited others in person about 5 times).

Why did we love this?

1) this is not a pool. This is a lagoon. This seems like a healthier, more natural environment for the dolphins. And (while there is netting to close the lagoon for the dolphin encounter) after the show, those dolphin can simply swim away, leave the lagoon and never return. They come back. That tells you something about how the animals are treated here. Also, since it's a lagoon, the water temp was perfect, no chemicals for sensitive skin, etc. It was somewhat shallow, so we could stand up. The physical space at this attraction is so much better than any other dolphin encounter I've seen.

2) trainers were wonderful - patient with my feisty kids. And the trainers truly had a relationship with the dolphins. This was like playing in the park with new friends. It did not feel forced or scheduled. The vibe is excellent - felt like we stumbled upon a little lagoon, and the locals decided to show us their dolphin BFFs. This is not to say it was unprofessional -- you'll get the liability forms, life vests, and safety talks. But it felt warm and inviting.

3) it was affordable. "Reasonably priced" was my first thought. Then "what a bargain" after I realized how much time my boys would get in the lagoon and with the dolphins. Also, the photographer took tons of pictures. I was struggling to snap pics, too (more like "fumbling with my camera"). But the photographer's pics were SO GOOD, and there were SO MANY fantastic shots, I just bought the whole package (and it was pretty cheap for what I got). My pics were terrible, by the way. Their photographer knows what he's doing, what looks good, best angle to capture your kids smiling face kissing a dolphin.

Don't miss this.