“Check it out! ”
Review of The Salty Mango

The Salty Mango
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Sandy Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Salty Mango is a laid back restaurant for everyone! Open air dining, with a new, large deck overlooking a garden with a ocean view. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. We offer a variety of flavorful meals; seafood, burgers, chicken, salads and more plus some scrumptious breakfast flavor. We are open 7:30am - 10pm. Monday thru Saturday. Happy hour daily 4pm - 7pm. Stop by for a great meal, cold drinks, fun vibe and some island flavor!
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Amazing food, service & atmosphere! The staff went above and beyond to make our experience unforgettable!

Reviewed August 4, 2018

We cannot comment on the food as we were chased out of the restaurant by the owner before our food arrived. He was extremely rude and unpleasant to us and openly cheered when we indicated we were leaving based on his behavior.

1  Thank deegggo
Eric W, Owner at The Salty Mango, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Thank you for your attempt to discredit me deegggo,,I will enjoy sharing the facts...Now let me share the REAL story. You proceeded to bring your dog to the restaurant. I entered the restaurant through the main stairs and was immediately greeted by your dog barking in my face as it lunged from under the table. This immediately set me on edge. I then witness another dog wandering around the restaurant deck and inquired if this was your dog also. You said " oh no, it is a stray that follows us up here". I then proceeded to run that dog off the property. I again came back up the stairs to have your dog barking and attempting to get at me again. At this time I told you you better keep "that one" under control also. You didn't like that so much and I really don't care sir. You see, several years ago my sons face was torn open and is still scarred to this day from a MUTT just like yours. Small, aggressive, with an attitude. So DO NOT make the mistake of thinking you know MY story. YOU haven't seen unpleasant. YOU were extremely RUDE. YOUR post has nothing to do with my operation. You are a silly silly man and I can assure you; YOU nor your dogs are welcome near my restaurant or dive shop again. If you would like to be a man and talk about it; then I suggest you come to do just that instead of posting and trying to ruin our business. Enjoy the rest of your travels and understand no one cares for barking dogs. The manager also informed me this is not the first time and you have been warned by her already. The puddle of URINE under the table where you kept your dog was also a real nice touch. Thank you and happy trails!

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I was on a missions trip with my church this week and when we discovered that the Salty Mango was righ across the street, we ended up going down for meals every single day! The food is EXCELLENT, the atmosphere is SPECTACULAR, and the service from the staff was better than I could ever ask for. The members of the staff create relationships with the customers and make them feel at home. We snorkeled at Blue Island Divers, which is the same location as the Salty Mango, and when we came back off the boat, the cooks had unbelievably good, banana pancakes waiting for us when we returned. 11/10 would recommend... best resturaunt/ bar on the island!!!

Hi Brenda and Thank You so much for the amazing review of The Salty Mango! I enjoyed having your crew snorkel with us and will look forward to your return for more hard mission work and excellent food and snorkeling. I'm so glad I was available to be here during your trip. Your group is amazing! Thanks again for reviewing The Salty Mango. Safe travels!!

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

The food here is amazing and so are the different types of frozen drinks and just 100 feet away is a dock that gos out onto the water with the reef in view where you go scuba diving and snorkeling at Blue island divers right there

Thank you Tonner T for the 5 bubble review! We are pleased to have you enjoy our place and thank you for the thorough review. We look forward to your return! Safe travels.

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Great place to go with friends and family for drinks or meals! It has beautiful scenery and an awesome staff!

Thank you Madison M for the kind words. Please come again when you can!