I stayed at Lands End during the last week of March for 6 nights. The place was perfect! I was looking for a great place to relax and this exactly fit the bill!
Adi answered my e-mail inquiry and took the time to respond specifically to my request for suggestions for activities (as opposed to others who said "you can arrange everything here.") I'm sure I could have arranged everything there and it would have been fine. But his response showed he really understood what I was asking.
Quiet, but could hang out at the bar every evening. And the bar has a great sunset view over the Caribbean. Ryan, the bartender, is incredibly friendly and laid back. If you stay here, you'll get to know him.
The breakfast included fresh eggs, bacon, fruit, coffee, tea, toast, etc.
Adi and Eva were right outside the customs exit when I arrived and we headed off to the hotel! By the end of the week I felt as if we'd become friends. Adi loves to play music. On Monday night the bar at the hotel had a good mellow crowd as Adi played and French-Canadian Cynthia sang. On Saturday night, I piled into the car with Adi and Eva and went to a restaurant/bar where Adi and the band, The West End Players performed to a fun crowd.
I spent my days snorkeling. Adi and Eva helped with lots of suggestions. Most of the time I snorkeled right off the shore by Lands End. They also suggested a tour with a local dive instructor and I ended up on one all day tour with him plus a Discover Scuba session. Everything was so personal, I loved it.
Lots of restaurants, dive shops, souvenir shopping, etc. are within a 10 minute walk even though Lands End is in a quiet area right on shore.
If you're really looking for some late night hard partying, this probably isn't the right place. But you can walk to it in 10 minutes easily, if you like.
I really loved this place and I had an amazing time. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the best area of Westend, Lands end is an ocean front Hotel resort nestled in a world of its own, but close enough to the action where you can walk in three minutes! Enjoy spectacular views and sunsets year round. Lands End grounds include a lounge, pool deck, hammocks, bar, and beach! Most rooms with the exception of our bungalows come with a television, air conditioning, daily maid service, free wi-fi and more! We have laundry service available and island deer (our pets). Come and have a cocktail in our saltwater infinity pool that overlooks the ocean and enjoy our dining at our on-site bar and restaurant! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Lands End - Ocean Front Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lands End - Ocean Front Hotel West End
- Lands End - Ocean Front Lodge Roatan, Honduras - West End