All reviews the salt water pool ocean front the owner land's end resort infinity pool short walk great drinks laid back monkey lala west bay every morning half moon bay learn how bring bug spray beautiful ocean lounge chairs snorkeling gear
Reviewed August 21, 2018

We are not fussy just want somewhere clean and where you feel safe .i have no idea why it has fairly good rating make me sceptical of other places ratings
Very rundown ,horrible room above the bar which starts up at 12 could even here my husband at bar ordering drinks .
Sheets were not clean were not changed for 4 days
Can't snorkel from hotel which manager assured us we could well step into ocean is broken have to pull yourself up rocky edge by road got all beat up and the boat traffic is bad in front for snorkelling
We left with 3 days remaining that we paid for manager didn't even ask why

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank MTlovesnorkeling
TirzaJW, Front Office Manager at Lands End, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback at our resort.

We apologize if we didn't meet your expectations. I would like to make a few pointers:
1. We really wish you would have come to us, we would have tried and make your stay better, since Lands End resort is under new ownership and administration we understand that some work is yet to be made.
2. I will definitely speak to the girls about bar music being too high at times. Our apologies!
3. At check in we inform our guest to request housekeeping services using the "Room Service" door hangers to get FULL service. NO door hanger = NO SERVICE!
4. 90% of the time there is snorkeling off shore, although we do understand weather conditions (WIND) is out of our reach.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Only about than 10 minutes of strolling from the hotel, you will be in the world of West End bustling area fill with stores, foods, and gift shops around Half Monn Bay. Back in the hotel, you can sit and relax watching the wave, soaking in the sun on the deck or while swiming in the swimming pool. The place is so relax with staff watching you from afar at the bar or at the lobby and restaurant area. Down side, it is out of the "so call" town center and one has to walk through dirt and quiet road especially at night you are probably on your own. The room is averagelfy clean and efficient (photos look much better than reality). Up side. A nice and quiet place not far from tourist drag of West End. Bar has suffient drinks (beers and mix drink), food is decent and not expensive but limitted choice. Swimming pool and deck is right on the Carol Reef. If I go back to Roatan, it I will consider staying there again.

Room tip: Choose rooms in two big buildings facing the ocean
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
TirzaJW, Front Office Manager at Lands End, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Dear Mr. Prawet,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort. We are happy you enjoyed the tranquility Lands End offers as well as the beautiful Ocean front views. We appreciate you mentioning our rooms, since we do have plans to work on them in the near future.
Don't forget to give us a visit when you come back to Roatan.

Lands End team

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We had no itenary and no plans. Booked one night and stayed 5. Good lo ation for access to West End bars and restaurants and a short 3$ water taxi to West Bay for some excellent snorkling. You can also snorkle just outside the accomodation and see some nice fish. Free snorlkes to use, a bit worn but do the job.
Staff very friendly and efficient particularly Tersa, the receptionist who patiently waited for our daily updates of if we would stay another day. She also helped organise scooter, snorkling gear and a go pro to hire for the day.
Excellent sunsets in the infinity pool that local expat staff also come to enjoy.
Only reason not a 5 is no sandy beach easily a 4.9.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We thank you very much for your feedback!
We work together everyday for you to have an amazing experience overall and we are so happy we made this happen for you.
It was a pleasure having you both here one night at a time.

Lands end team

Reviewed August 4, 2018

This was my first trip to Roatan and I feel like I did better than if someone had told me how to do it right. I prefer boutique style hotels over the big resorts. Actually I loath resorts and tourist traps. Lands End was perfect! It is located toward the west most end of west end Roatan, which turned out to be about a five-minute walk to breakfast and shops (or bars:)). It is also worth knowing that cash is king when visiting Roatan. They add a 15% tax for credit card transactions (Honduran tax) to all businesses on the island and ATMs are about 5%, also you will never need a car, taxis are cheap, water taxis are very cheap ($5 buck per ride anywhere outside of airport transit), barter with everyone except restaurants (USD is excepted at all locations), I never even saw a cruise ship!

So... The room was good and clean. The paint and furniture was a little under par at first glance and I immediately though uhh. Honestly, that is my only complaint, and I can totally live with that. Internet on the island is pretty spotty overall and the power goes out island-wide without rhyme or reason from time to time. I talked with the Owner (Dwayne) and property manager (I wish I could remember her name because she was the most professional person I met on the island) when I checked in about getting a mini frig and a safe in my room and they were both installed within minutes. There was no kitchenette in my room which I usually like, but I soon found that I wouldn't have needed one. OK, getting that out of the way...

The AC unit kicked out tons of cold air (Roatan is HOT!) which is a must for me. The balcony to my room overlooked the ocean from about 20 meters away (65 ft.) unobstructed with a hammock and a couple of lounge chairs that I thoroughly enjoyed. The first level is the bar/restaurant and pool area which is beautiful, spacious, and very comfortable and a completely open-air environment.

I also must rave about the staff. There was always someone friendly available to order a cold beverage, breakfast or dinner with(Island life dictates that you're on your own after ten pm). Also it is worth mentioning that Carribean life operates at a slower pace EVERYWHERE on the island which just makes Roatan that much more enduring. Expect to enjoy life without a watch across the island. I can say that Genesis, and Nicole never let me wait on a cold beer. In fact, after a day or two they would anticipate what I wanted and Port Royal here I come! Again, Dwyane is very lucky to have both of them as employees because they were friendly and helpful with their knowledge of the island and ability to engage the customers and make people feel welcome.

I also have to compliment the chef. The food was fantastic every time. Let me tell you, every meal was incredibly good! I ended up eating there at least once every day for at least one meal. It is worth mentioning that I'm not a salad guy, but I saw what Genisis was having for dinner while we were talking about her family and island life so I ordered one, and it was definitely the best salad I've ever had. Fresh shrimp, a whole avocado, jalapeno, bell pepper, red onion, big slices of tomatoes, cucumber, sliced carrot and egg with oil and vinegar. Words don't do it justice. This kind of sums up my experience of Lands End. On the surface, a little underwhelming but they over deliver in quality, experience, and personalization every time.

The Pool. While it is known as the "iron shore" for a reason, the pool might be the best on the island. If you want sandy beach you have to walk five minutes or so into town but I hardly noticed. I went to Roatan to learn how to dive (See my review on Jacksons Dive shop aka the best), so I scuba dived every day with the exception of the last due to diving and fly restriction where I came to the conclusion I would rather hang out at the pool all day than see more of the island. I did jump into the ocean to snorkel right out of the pool and the reef is amazing. It is also worth noting that one of my favorite dives on my trip coincidently end up just in front of Lands End. I would go back to Roatan just to relax in this saltwater pool. The view is undoubtedly incredible. I live in beautiful Lake Tahoe, but I will never forget my time here.

My first day I knew I was in the right place. There were no street lights, no sounds of traffic, no light pollution, no noisy neighbors, just absolute tranquility. If you're a couple and looking for something romantic, THIS IS THE PLACE, or solo or just wanting solitude Lands End is just past where the pavement ends and is completely spectacular in that regard. My first action was to grab a local cervesa, order a taco and schedule a message across the street (dirt road). Next, I found THE dive shop if you want to avoid the meat market, For breakfast, you MUST stop at Yahongrey for some typico and juice and definitely apre at sundowners if you want to mingle with divers from around the globe. If I was Marc Twain I might do this place justice but, it will half to suffice that this place is majestic.

So just to sum things up, I highly recommend Lands End. The owner and his wife were available to talk with and enriched my stay by giving me the history of the property and plans for the future of this charming property (extremely beautiful), the front desk manager was a total professional, housekeeping felt totally trustworthy and kind, and the restaurant staff went above and beyond. I always felt safe and welcomed.

I can attest that if you stay at Lands End when you get home it will be like you know a special little secret that tickles a smile and feels like no one else knows!

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Quinn,

We can't thank you enough for sharing a detail experience had at our resort.

Along with the staff we work together everyday to make you feel relaxed and at home.
We kindly invite you back to Lands End Resort since we are working on ways to make your stay better (rooms, installations, etc)
Reading this review with all of our team makes us feel very proud. Thank you!

Lands end team

Reviewed July 29, 2018

Really nice place with great view of the water. Common area (pool, bar, restaurant) great place to relax. Short walk to main area in West Bank and the main beach. The snorkeling was good right in front of the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TirzaJW, Front Office Manager at Lands End, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort.
We are happy you enjoyed peace and quiet as much as our facilities.
Hope you come back soon!

Tirza