Having been to Roatan on 3 different occasions, we decided that we wanted to stay right in the village of West End as we loved the laid back vibe that it has. Searching and searching we stumbled upon Sueno del Mar on the internet and just decided to go for it. What an awesome choice!
Note that I am writing this review late as our stay at Sueno del Mar was in late February of 2011. We certainly would have returned in 2012, however upon returning home from our Feb 2011 vacation we found out that we were pregnant after years of trying (must be that Roatan air and awesome sea water) so therefore were home with our beautiful baby girl in the winter of 2012.
Ray, the owner, general manager, pancake flipper and general all around nice guy was super. Very easy going. The dive staff was also spectacular. We had the pleasure of diving with Michelle most of the week and also completed our Rescue Diver certification with Stewart. Great instruction and he was very thorough.
We met great people that we hope to see and dive with again upon our return this coming winter for the first week of February 2013.
Looking forward to enjoying one of Tita's awesome burgers - and if lucky enough, perhaps another fried Lionfish feast.
Sueno del Mar is by far our favorite spot in Roatan and we intend to go back every year!
Great value at this cute little "resort" :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sueño Del Mar is a small and quaint waterfront property with a private beach right outside your door. Our Spanish Mediterranean architecture inspired rooms have some of the best ocean and sunset views in West End. Tita's Pink Seahorse, a legendary bar and grill on site is often frequented by local expats and is a fun place to have one of Tita's famous Monkey Lalas (Island cocktail) or grab a bite to eat. Beach chairs and Kayaks are available for guests and an on-site PADI 5 Star Dive Center caters to all your diving needs and PADI courses. Roatan Dive Center, located directly underneath the rooms allow for guests to wake up, have breakfast, dive, and repeat, for easy and convenient diving. Sueño del Mar Dive Resort offers everything you want for your next diving vacation on Roatan. Sueño Del Mar is located in a quite idyllic corner of West End Village on the Island of Roatan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Sueno Del Mar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sueno Del Mar Hotel West End
- Sueno Del Mar Resort Roatan, Honduras - West End