All reviews the owner every morning play volleyball dive shop beach bar grill rooms were cleaned daily minute walk noisy at night laid back location is great great drinks a great vacation other travelers ray island roatan hangout
Reviewed March 14, 2018

We know what we like having traveled to many islands over the years. And after much research, we chose Sueno Del Mar. Could not have been happier with our choice!

It is just what we wanted...
Not touristy, A bit out of town so not as populated and crazy, 4-5 minute walk to the restaurants, bars, and shopping area, Beachfront property with sunset views, A welcoming beach bar & grill, Basic clean accommodations, A safe/lockbox in the room, A friendly staff.

Only 8 rooms...all with a patio/balcony and a view of the ocean. You can swim or hangout right in front of your room! Breakfast served upstairs every morning and it is included in the price of your room. It is a great place to talk with other travelers! There are books to read/borrow/ leave as well. We stayed 8 nights and most of the guests we met had been coming here for years!
Ray, the owner, is kind, laid-back, and very helpful with suggestions & island information. There is a dive shop and pier connected to the office and Ray scheduled all dives for my husband. He had some great dives and is still talking about them. Some guests dove with other dive shops and were picked up right at Sueno's Pier.
Rooms were cleaned daily, although a few days we told them we didn't need the service. Shower always had hot water.
The beach bar opens in the early afternoon and was a nice place to chill out and talk. Lots of locals come there and young people come most nights to play volleyball on the beach. The bartenders were friendly and speak with everyone NOT just the locals so that was cool! They serve ice cold beers, great drinks, and a nice pour on wines! Our room was on the bottom floor and it was fine. I kinda wanted an upper floor but sitting on the porch each day and evening was awesome and I was glad afterall to have a bottom room!
We loved Roatan and had a great vacation!
I suspect we will return once more to Roatan before our adventures take us to new destinations and Sueno Del Mar will get our business again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jalama
Reviewed February 4, 2018

I stayed in this hotel 02 days as my friend recommend, it did not let me down, very beautiful resort located near the habor. My room have great view, thank to ms, haun, she very nice and dedicate to make us happy. This would be unforgettable experience. Very nice

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
titasseahorse1, Manager at Sueno Del Mar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad all worked out for you and hope to see you again in the future.

Ray

Reviewed January 24, 2018

It is a clean place and the staff are friendly and welcoming for the most part. It is in need of some repairs and upgrades but for the price we were happy enough. Don't expect a 5 star resort, with multiple amenities. The bar can be quite noisy and fun, but hard to sleep when it is going strong until late hours! The dive shop was getting a work over when we left, and should be checked out if you are a diver. The beach was a welcome set up with little traffic during the days that we were there. It is located close to the restaurants and all the shops etc.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank OkpikCambridgeBay
titasseahorse1, Manager at Sueno Del Mar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2018

Thanks for staying with us. Sorry for the noise from the beach bar. We are working to correct this by moving the beach seating in front of the rooms to the other side.

The dive shop is fully functional now and operating.

We are glad the staff was welcoming and the location was well suited for you.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

I was treated like family at Sueno Del Mar and at titas bar on the beach , one of the best locations in Roatan. The hotel will pick you up at the airport help you with you baggage to your room and give you helpful hints on scuba diving, excersions and lots of helpful information. The hotel is a safe location with security and also has a dive shop located on the first floor with dive boats leavin daily . You can also book snorkiling excersions. The water taxi will pick you up at the dock for a short ride to west bays adventures.

Room Tip: The second floor has the best ocean views however all the rooms have ocean views and a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank captrooter
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

I love this hotel! Small piece of paradise. I felt like everyone here was my friend. Room was perfect all that I needed: hot water, AC, safe, WiFi and not necessary but good to have TV. Rey the owner was very nice and accommodating! I will come.back again for sure!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo