All reviews honor system other guests every morning minute walk the managers honor bar rooms are large yogurt laid back west bay ocean view small pool place to stay rooms are great infinity pool sun divers fantastic stay
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

This was such a treat! The rooms were simple but comfortable and spacious!! I had a room on the 2nd floor and the view was incredible!! There was nice deck space, chairs and a hammock to enjoy the breeze or the sunset over the ocean. The view from the room was also floor to ceiling glass with fabulous sliding doors out to the deck. It was such an open wonderful feel!

My bed was very comfortable. There was a great little kitchenette, fabulous pool and general gathering area. There were cold drinks set up as an honor bar, and large bottles of water to fill up supplies pitchers. The place was very clean, and the staff was amazingly friendly!! Krys was one of the managers, and her cell number was supplied for any questions you might have. She met me when I arrived and lugged the biggest suitcase ever up the stairs for me. She always greeted you with a smile and made sure you were happy.

I loved the location. The walk was just minutes from town, but it was off the beaten path and amazingly quiet. When I could leave the AC off it was fabulous to sleep to the sounds of the ocean. There was also security on the grounds at night.

The were two surprises for me. One, air conditioning was extra, and they asked you only use it at night. (It was not expensive, but a surprise for me) It was much too hot for me and no AC. A lot of people gathered in the pool (which was amazing) to beat the heat. I stretched my evening hours a bit and enjoyed the place immensely. The second...no hair dryer or hair products. Soap, but no others. Again...just an FYI.

I haves moved over to a fancier (all amenities)hotel in West Bay (I like to split things up when I travel)...and while I love this hotel...and have been treated amazingly...I am missing the feel and energy of West End and Cocolobo!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Seriously..don't bother checking other places. We've seen them all. You will "think" this place is too good to be true. Because the price is so much lower then some other locations on the island. But look at the photos!!! Read people's reviews!
We have been to Roatan 7 times and every, single, time we stay at Cocolobo!
The units are gorgeous! They are clean and bright with amazing views! We love the location being in our own little "back area" away from town, but can easily walk to town. We love the people. Krys and Katie, Caesar and Jose-they are now like family who we can't wait to go back and visit every time.

Room Tip: All of the main units are ocean view! You can't go wrong! There are also houses to rent if you need more space for a family.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Krysltel is an angel
She will tell you where the goods spots are
She knows about diving and dining
She will even book some tours for you
The hotel is located about 5 minutes walk from West end where you find public beaches, restaurants and cool bars
You can catch a water taxi and hop to West beach

Room Tip: Every room has an ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Krystal E, General Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at Cocolobo and taking the time to write the review!! It is greatly appreciated!

Safe travels!
Krys

Reviewed July 18, 2018

Cocolobo is a good place to stay at a good price. The rooms are large and clean. They do provide air conditioning at an additional cost that works very well. The staff is friendly and helpful and the breakfast is good if not very extensive (same yogurt, fruit, and granola every day, different hot dish). Krys is helpful and glad to provide suggestions and make reservations. I stayed here with my wife and 2 kids and we were very happy. We were right above the lobby so, as others have mentioned, the wifi was OK but not spectacular (it's not great anywhere on the island).

If you're looking for a resort, this isn't it. If you want a good room at a good price that's a short walk to the West End I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: We were happy with our room above the kitchen/lobby. You do share a balcony with your neighbors in the next room.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you Stuart for staying at Cocolobo!! I appreciate you taking the time to write the review as well!

Best wishes and safe travels!
Krys

Reviewed June 23, 2018

Usually there is some small trade off that you have to sacrifice with any losing property.
Basically, if you pay more, it costs more but hopefully you get more. And if you pay less, you get less, but hopefully not too much less!!

Well, with Cocolobo, I'm pleased to report was a wonderful value proposition.
Huge room with huge balcony with gorgeous Western oceanfront exposure and unbelievable sunsets. Attentive and helpful staff (thanks Khrystal and Heidi), 5 min walk from edge of town, so tranquility on premises and high energy 5 minutes away. Cute infinity pool, acceptable breakfast, and you know they have a solid clientele when they are willing to use the honor bar system.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Krystal E, Manager at Cocolobo, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at Cocolobo to enjoy West End and all of Roatan! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope to see you back here soon!

Safe travels, Krys