All reviews pepperoni tree house bed and breakfast the owner spiral staircase birds singing b and b look forward to going back every morning us feel at home beautiful rooftop breakfast was delicious the main street surrounded by trees minute walk small hill place to stay
Reviewed July 3, 2016

The owner Barbara is an absolutely wonderful person, we were actually sad to leave her. She lives in the building and has both rooms and apartments available at very reasonable prices. My girlfriend and I reserved an apartment weeks in advance. Upon introducing us to our quarters, Barbara noticed that the refrigerator was not working; this was an important detail for us. Rather than make us wait for a handy-man, she upgraded us to her largest apartment without hesitation for no additional charge. We remained there for the rest of our stay. She was available day and night for us and provided excellent breakfast every morning. The location is just 5-10 minutes walk from the beach, which was very nice for us since West End can be very noisy with beachside club music, fireworks and constant car horns. The Roatan B&B is just far enough away that none of these interfere with sleep and is not far enough from the beach do discourage walking. The rooftop terrace is quite large and roomy and gets just beyond the tree canopy making for a spectacular view. Our ground floor apartment had a sizable private patio with a hammock.

Room tip: She offers A/C for extra cost. We were fine without it. She offers 5 gallon jugs of drinking water at very low cost. Highly recommended
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2016

This bed and breakfest is what I was looking for. Simple and quiet. Barbara is the most welcoming person on the island. She will make sure you feel comfortable and make sure to ask her anything if you need it. She has been on this island for 21 years, so she basically knows everyone (what are the cool places to visit, what are the best restaurant, etc...). And how not to like her cat Pepperoni! I'm not a cat lover, but this one will make you fall in love with it! If I could give her 6 stars, I would!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2016 via mobile

The amenities to this B&B are like Peter Pan style, up in the woods. Very tranquil, no a/c in the rooms, get ready to sweat until you fall asleep.
The walk to the main road is horrible, taxi's can barely make it up due to the pathway, and once making it up there they want to charge you more because of the terrain. Had a family member almost bit by a dog through the pathway. Once making it to the main roadway felt much better and lots of places to eat at excellent rates. Breakfast was passable. Bring lots of bug repellent, your going to need it.
Barbara is very warm welcome but seems over it with her B&B.
I guess our trip would have been much nicer with A/C, that amenity would make this place more welcoming. If you get a great night sleep when your comfortable it makes your day that much better.

Planning on coming back to Roatan, but not to this place, another family member made the reservation and I just went along with it.

I'll definitely be in charge of reservations next time.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sizexs2
Reviewed May 20, 2016

My husband and I recently travelled to Roatan for a reunion trip with friends (his first time back in eight years, and my first time ever) we booked at the Roatan B&B Apartments for the first three days of our trip together. We loved the tree house look and feel. Barbara was extremely accommodating before and during our trip. She is quick to respond to emails, along with any questions we had. Everything we needed to have a comfortable trip was promptly provided. Barbara's door is always open, and every morning included a simple, but fresh and delicious breakfast and coffee. The upstairs floors, provided comfort with hammocks, a nice place to relax with a coffee and a big open space to stretch out. A small deck in front of our apartment, also gave us the perfect space to relax at the start or end of our day. We visited in low season, so there were no tables or chairs on the top deck, but this could have been set up upon request. I would recommend this location to someone looking for a quiet and relaxing place to start their trip. Conveniently located near the main West End Strip, Barbara is happy to recommend some fantastic places for diving, food or entertainment.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2016

At this B&B you get substantial breakfasts, a clean establishment, great views of the jungle and ocean, and a warm and welcoming hostess/owner, Barbara. The only drawbacks are things she has no control over: the long trek back to her place up a sweaty hill which isn't fully lighted at night and is full of mosquitos (so you need a flashlight and mosquito repellent), and nearby dogs that bark off and on all night. I enjoyed my stay here!

Room tip: Ask Barbara what she recommends for you.
Date of stay: April 2016