All reviews jeanette and clifton rooftop terrace viva panjim lovely guesthouse hot water latin quarter place to stay great hosts fontainhas area where breakfast is served authentic goan home away from home a lovely stay rooms are clean three nights visit goa north goa
Reviewed December 23, 2017

Afonso is in the best area to stay in Panji, surrounded by historical buildings and many restaurants. It's a short walk to the famous town square. Owner Jeanette will help you with things and the rooms are cleaned daily. Note that you have to pay for breakfast, it is not included in the room price.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

My two friends & I stayed at this adorable guest house at the end of our India-wide trip. This has been such a perfect exhale. The rooms are very clean with hot shower & AC! And free WiFi! The location is amazing, right in the middle of the lovely Panjim. Her rooftop is everything! Jeanette (the owner) allowed me to come up every morning and practice my yoga. I could not be more grateful for the beautiful space! She booked us a cab for a wonderful tour of town & helped us get around. Breakfast on the roof is delicious & relaxing. We have truly enjoyed our stay here at Afonso & we highly recommend to anyone coming thru this area. Thank you Jeanette & Shanti We loved our visit!

Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

Excellent is an understatement for this place! The Afonso guest house was spectacular! Very comfy, very sweet made me feel like I️ was at home in the comfort of my own house! Jeanette was equally just as awesome as our stay. She always was there to ask if we needed anything and get our breakfast order and got us whatever we needed! The rooftop view is one out of a book, so beautiful and peaceful. Restaurants all around and a general store right up the road as well! I’ll miss the Afonso guest house Jeanette and the rest of the staff here. Made great memories and couldn’t of asked for a better place to be at! ❤️

Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

Felt welcome as soon as we arrived.
Rooms are so clean it feels like home and your choice of breakfast is served on the rooftop in the morning!
Jeanette is so accommodating and will be glad to arrange a taxi for you all day, all you need is ask. There are hot showers to come home to after your daily adventures and the Afonso guest house is perfect walking distance to a handful of good restaurants.
I highly recommend making this a stop during your travels, you won't regret it!!

Reviewed December 12, 2017

instantly met some great people and the roof top is a great place to meet the other guests, the room is comfortable with a shower and the location is picturesque with the old Portuguese buildings, there's a local bar within strolling distance, and shops near by. Jeanette is Very friendly hostess and knowledgeable of the area, and she recommended the free boat ride across the river to see the attractions on their side We visited the Portuguese fort which is a must see and ties in nicely with the location of the hostel. I would recommend.

Room tip: Arrive early, or you might be luck as it is popular