All reviews jeanette and clifton rooftop terrace viva panjim lovely guesthouse his mother hot water latin quarter home away from home place to stay where breakfast is served fontainhas area rooms are clean fantastic location spice plantation monsoon season visit goa wi fi
Reviewed February 16, 2018

My friend and I ended our travels at Afonso Guest House, and we couldn’t have been happier. Jeanette and her son were so kind and welcoming, with a ton of good ideas for visiting the city (which we totally fell in love with). The rooms are simple, tasteful and well designed with comfortable beds and 24 hour hot water. The house itself is a beautiful place, full of paintings, books and sculptures, and the most wonderful rooftop terrace overlooking the backstreets of Panjim.

I recommend this place whole-heartedly.

Ps. Try the bread in the morning - I was sad we only stayed one night!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank G7363DGanna
Reviewed February 10, 2018

This was my first trip to Goa, and I couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. First of all, Jeannette and Clifton are adorable. My room was very silent and comfortable. Because I stayed one month, they offered me breakfast for free. It was very meaningful to come to Goa and speak in Portuguese with both of them. They are truly multilingual and speak several languages (English, French, and Italian). I frequently spoke to Jeanette and Clifton about places to visit in Panjim and outside the city. They gave me several wonderful suggestions and even helped me find a yoga school. I will certainly stay at Afonso Guest House when I return to Goa. And I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank RoqueF95
Reviewed February 8, 2018

Jeannette and her son Cifton know how to welcome travelers at home !! The Afonso Guesthouse is the best address where we stayed. It was so pleasant that we decided to stay five days instead of the three days previously planned. the room was very clean (the cleanest we ever seen in south India), well furnished and quiet. The rooftop is the perfect place for a quiet breakfast ! Jeannette and Clifton are also really nice people, they helped us to book train ticket, and taxi driver. They know good restaurant addresses and give advises about the nice place to visit in the Goa state.
In Paniji, Afonso Guethouse is THE place to stay !!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric-Christine
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights at Afonso Guest House and I would highly recommend it. Jeanette is very accommodating and the house itself is lovely. Breakfast on the terrace is a must (and is also very ‘instagramable’). I travelled solo and it was my first time in India and felt more than safe staying there. It is a great location and easily accessible to all the churches, restaurants and shops without being too noisy on the main road.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank vaadams94
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

We (couple) spent two nights with Jeanette at Alfonso‘s Guesthouse. Our room was very clean, and the roof garden is beautiful and gives a nice place to escape from Panjim‘s noise. The multilingual family of Jeanette welcomed us in a very warm manner and were ready to help with anything we needed, even letting us in at five in the morning at our arrival as well as organizing taxi rides at extraordinary times of day. Obrigada Jeanette!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple