We booked this homestay after going through the earlier reviews at TripAdvisor. I felt the USP of this place were the owners of the Homestay who recieved commendable reviews for thier hospitality earlier. But when we reached the place, we got to learn that the owners have completely moved out of the daily operations and currently the caretaker of the place is Danny. Though the caretaker was ready to help in all possible ways, it was no where compared to the expectations with which we had gone to the place.
There were couple of other glitches which made the stay little less enjoyable:
1. There was no provision of water in the room.
2. The power-cut was frequent and the generator didn't seem to work.
3. There were no candles/match boxes in the room.
4. The internet did not work. (And there is no Vodafone/Airtel network in Devikulam)
For all of the above, we had to constantly ask Danny to help us out (which he did). But again in this hospitality industry everything boils down to how well you serve the customers.
Also, if the families plan to travel with aged people, it is advisable to take the rooms on the groud floor as there is no one to help out with the luggage shifting.
On the positive side of it, there are a couple of points worth mentioning:
1. The place is located in Devikulam, away from the hustle and bustle of the market area, which gives a sense of calmness.
2. The place has a beautiful tea-garden just a staircase away.
3. The caretaker is very courteous and prompt to meet the requests.
4. The rooms were spacious and the top floor rooms have a common balcony which is very good.
5. The breakfast provided by them was good enough!
All in all the experience would be rated by me as average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'A HOME AWAY FROM YOUR HOME'. Pavithram Home Stay located in Devikulam which was known as the British Official Centre, presently the Headquarter of Munnar. The location is ideal with cool mountain air, velvet lawns, ravishing tea gardens and clam atmosphere without having any crowd and town conjunction. The pavithram Home Stay is certified 'Diamond House' by the Department of Tourism, Government of Kerala. The Pavithram has been operating as a successful Home Stay for last 10 years receiving many repeat clients. Home Stay is operating for a successive 10 years. We are providing 24 hours free Wi-fi connectivity, Cable TV, Intercom, 24 hours Hot Water facility etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Pavithram Home Stay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.