All reviewsclose to the hotelvintage carsdepartmental storemunnar townhot waterthe ground floorbudget hotelnice hotelkmindiacleanlinessmr
Reviewed February 14, 2018

This hotel is part of the OYO network. What you need to know about this. If you have booked a room and Booking.com has sent you a confirmation, this does not mean that you are guaranteed accommodation. Wait for the letter from OYO. This applies to any hotel in OYO system. The letter will indicate that they confirm the booking, but you need to pay within a certain time and in letter will be given a link for online payment. Either the letter will say that at any time prior to arrival at the hotel you can call the phone and if you do not answer, the hotel reservation will be canceled.

Now about this hotel. We are many and often travel around the world, but this is the first time that we have encountered this. According to the good old Indian tradition, the room had dirty bed linen. And on the blanket were fresh sticky stains, from the pillows there was such a stench, as if all the Kerala had slept on them. This is normal and appealing to the reception, even in guesthouses, has always quickly resolved this problem. Well, I can not sleep on the bed, on which someone was lying to me. Manager at the reception (let's call it for convenience Mini-Boss) nodded his head and gave some directions. We decided not to wait and went to dinner. We arrived in 2 hours. Bed linen was not replaced, but simply the pillows and the blanket are turned upside down. I get down at the reception and ask Mini-Boss to come up with me to show what the employees are doing. The Mini-Boss replied that he was busy, because he was drinking tea and would not go anywhere. Okay, I take the blanket and bring it to the reception.
- Touch, what kind of sticky spots?
- I dont know.
- This is your hotel, why do not you know? Why do you give your customers such and do not change it when they ask you?
Then the Mini-Boss raised his eyes, his face twisted with anger, he started yelling "This is India, no one dares to talk to me like that" (probably the descendant of the Maharajas who now works at the reception) and got to fight. He was dragged by the hotel staff, I went out and contacted OYO's support. Within 2 hours, OYO's support urged him to bring the room to the proper view and apologize. After 2 hours man from staff came out and said: "This is a small hotel and we do not give out clean fresh linens to everyone, if you do not like you can go to another hotel. Well, but for you, we will find." The Mini-Boss disappeared somewhere and we did not see him again.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Aleksei S
Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

Took us like an hour to check in after our booking was cancelled because of deposit system. Tried to rebook but was saying full. Receptionist couldn’t match price online so had to mess about downloading app etc. Did upgrade up to a nice big room with balcony. Breakfast was good self service good choice of only Indian food but restaurant room not big enough for everyone. Noisy water boiler in early hours. Hot water 6-9am and 6-9pm. Room pictures on websites are a lie!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bexpownall92
Reviewed January 29, 2018

Location is ok, just at the entrance of the main town, not a great view from the room.
But all other features ... room, service, facilities, amenities, service, cleanliness were excellent. The management and staff r pretty friendly and were proactive. There is a restaurant located just next to the hotel in case you want to have some yummy Dosas in the afternoon/ evening.
Our room was in excellent condition, infact one of the best rooms in the complete vacation, good space and great value for money.
Breakfast was served at a small restaurant in the ground floor 8am-10am
mostly South Indian delicacies, and they kept a dessert everyday.
Good food, tasty but no North Indian food ...
They have a big aquarium in the reception area and couple of vintage cars which are maintained in fantastic condition.
we used to walk around and went to the local shops, chocolate factory, church etc
there is a nice park very close to the hotel where we were fortunate to experience local dance shows every evening as part of initiative by Kerala Tourism ...
Tried Kerala paratha with chicken which was yummy.
Great stay at SN hotel, Thank You!

Room Tip: 203 was excellent room with balcony
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

I had booked the room in this hotel 1 week earlier. I had called to hotel one day before check in, and manager confirmed my stay. I was traveling for 7 hours to reach Munnar from Varkala, when I came to hotel, manager told that they didn't have any room, but I had confirmed reservation. Manager told that they have maintenance issues. But they could have at least informed me about it earlier and not after I reached their hotel. It was so unprofessional from their side.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Happyelenka
Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my girl friend. The hotel is road side located, it's impossible to sleep beyond 06:00 am. İt gets very noisy around it. The Internet connection drives you mad its very poor and the rooms are nothing special. The only one good thing here is how caring and friendly the staff are. They really make you feel welcomed.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple