Highly recommended. The Golden Tulip is a nice peaceful oasis from the complete chaos of the golden temple and Pakistani border. We came in the down season, and it felt like a great deal for the price (about $60-70 USD). The manager appears to take feedback quite seriously, which bodes well for the future of the hotel.
Good aspects of the hotel include:
--Gym was nice - ask them in advance to turn the AC on in the gym (might require 10+ minutes and a reminder call)
--Wonderful service; very friendly staff
- Many thoughtful touches made you feel like a real guest (including 2 complimentary water bottles and wifi)
- Good breakfast (included) with good chai masala. Eggs made to order, western toast, + indian options
- Comfortable beds. AC and hot water worked great.
A few quibbles:
- - The massage overpriced considering table is not a proper massage table (you have to turn your head one way or the other, so that you get a cramp by the end of the massage). Also, make sure you have the ability to communicate "harder" and "softer" with the masseuse before you begin - critical for a good massage. But the steam afterwards is a nice touch.
-- While the rooms are quite nice, don't expect 5 start luxury overall in the hotel. For example, the restaurant seats feel a bit rundown and could use some re-upholstering. Children were allowed to run around screaming in the halls (although one call to reception stopped it). I would say it's a very nice 4 start hotel and a good value overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the leading hotel chain worldwide “Golden Tulip Hotels Group” has set high International Standards world over and proved as a benchmark for other hotel brands as well.Golden Tulip Amritsar is a upscale 4 star hotel offering unique surroundings and décor providing a refreshing experience and exceptional service. All 52 rooms including 4 suites are one of the spacious rooms available in the city and have been tastefully designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Golden Tulip Amritsar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.