See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 13, 2015

We enjoyed a one-week stay in Lychee House in lovely Old Lanta Town which was a great way to start our time in Thailand. The house is lovely with a wonderful deck on poles where you can look out on the sea and is very relaxing. Lanta Old town is a 5/10 minute walk away with some nice restaurants. Access to beaches etc would need taxi's or a hirecar/scooter which can be sourced nearby. The owner will also arrange Longtail trips to nearby Islands with lunch & snorkeling for a reasonable price. I would recommend this & would love to go back.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2015 via mobile

Was a bit of a mission to get to old town from where we were on koh phra tong, but definitely worth it. It's a real Thai town with all sorts of local stuff going on, very few tourists around which is great. We stayed in the coconut house which is very impressive and larger than it seems from the pictures. We ended up sleeping downstairs as we were getting bitten a bit, but I think we realised that the mozzies lived in the bathroom, which once you understand you can combat. We really loved koh lanta especially hiring the scooter from next door and exploring the islands many wonderful beaches.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2015

A one-week stay in Lychee House in lovely Old Lanta Town with its quiet street of shops and restaurants (all the meals we had were good and reasonably priced) was just what we needed after arriving in Thailand. We slept well as the waves lapped beneath our pole house. Sunrise with a cup of tea or coffee, accompanied by the crowing cocks and the gentle call to prayers on the loudspeaker, a day lazing on the deck or going for a boat tour run by the owner's company, and a taxi trip over to Long Beach for a day of swimming and lazing at the Funky Fish rounded out our activities. We would love to go back!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2014

My time in Old Town, Koh Lanta was a blissful experience, which included the sound of waves lapping, the clean smells of the ocean, the sight of a clear sunrise, the taste of fabulous Thai food, and the touch of a cooling breeze. I had everything I needed: a comfortable bed, clean water, a beautiful house and access to most amenities if I wished. The 7/11 was just up the road if I really needed something western style and there was a party to go to on the other side of the island (10 minutes away) if I really wanted to dance the night away. But I could go to bed early and sleep in late too ... the perfect getaway ...

This is not on the sandy beach side of the island, but you can spend an hour or two every day watching the Mud Skippers (a kind of fish that walks on land ... really ... Google it) when the tide comes in. I spent most of my day on the deck reading and relaxing. We also took a day trip on one of the many longtail boats, which was marvelous. If you are the type of person who absolutely needs contact with the outside world ... this is not the place for you as the internet is a bit spotty and I'm not sure if there was a TV or not ... I honestly didn't look for one. But if you want to relax, think, read a book, paint, draw, think, and relax some more ... this is definitely the place to go.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2014

I loved my trip to Koh Lanta and the pictures will show why. I live in Phuket, which is nice, but it is nice to get away, this is about a 5-6 hour bus trip with two ferries. We stayed at Lychee pole house through Lanta Pole Houses, right on the beach, with the waves crashing under the house, I never slept so good. Everything was in walking distance and we even rented motorbikes to cruise the small island. We saw the sunrise on one side and then the sunset on the other side, where the party scene was. I loved the peaceful zen on the Old Town side and being able to cross over the island and be in the party beach scene area was perfect. We took a longtail boat out one day and saw the mangroves and the wild monkeys that live there, some even climbed on the boat. We saw an awesome cave, beautiful scenery, a multitude of private little swim beaches and islands that I could spend the whole day at. We then had lunch on one of the islands and took a short hike to another secluded beach for yet another swim, it was a great day with Sun Island Tours / Lanta Longtail. Lastly, all the food was amazing and wonderful, we ate very authentic italian, greek, and of course thai cuisine, all served right on the water. I will be back and thank you Susanna Bachman for your hospitality!

Room Tip: We stayed in Lychee house, Coconut house across the way also looked very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends