“Sunsets to die for!”

The Seven Seas Wine Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 420 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: European
Reviewed April 4, 2018

When you fed up with Thai Cuisine (which I admit very rarely for me!) then head for this restaurant for International Cuisine. Me and my wife had opted for steaks which were very good. However most importantly this is the place to be for a magnificient sundowner.

MirkoLangiu, Director of Food & Beverage at The Seven Seas Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear Mutlu G,

Thank you for visiting us, and we hope to see you soon again.
We have some really great steaks at The Seven Seas Restaurant & Bar, including a huge Australian Tomahawk for 2 to share, which is a real treat for steak lovers.
Indeed our terrace, about 80 meters above sea level, offers a really breathtaking ocean view over Kantian Bay, as well as some really memorable sunsets: perfect for a sundowner!

Reviewed March 18, 2018

Seven seas is a beautiful restaurant set into the hillside with spectacular views over the sea… the setting is hard to beat. We ate here a few times over a 10 day stay at Pimalai and loved it each time. The steaks were great (although the chips needed a little more cooking for my taste… it’s such a tiny thing though) The Ceviche starter was so fresh and tangy, we loved the oyster platter and the miso marinated salmon was probably my favourite dish, it was absolutely delicious. My husband loved the lamb special too. The homemade limoncello was also really good… and strong! We took advantage of the happy hour before dinner and had various cocktails while watching the sun go down, it was perfect. Service was always excellent, this was reflective of all the staff at Pimalai who were so friendly and professional.
Our bill for two starters, two main courses and sides, wine, cocktails and limoncello was almost £200 but well worth it for the food, view and service. Big thanks to the the chefs Seven Seas for some really delicious and memorable meals.

MirkoLangiu, Director of Food & Beverage at The Seven Seas Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Dear Kat B,

Thank you very much for sharing your nice experience at our fine dining restaurant on the hill, which, indeed, offers some spectacular ocean views over Kantiang Bay. I am glad to hear you enjoy several cocktails during the happy hours: this is the perfect time to also enjoy some really majestic and memorable sunsets!
I personally make our Limoncello with a very traditional (and very secret) recipe which my family has been passing down for 5 generations, so I put a lot of passion and love in it, and it's great to hear you liked it. It definitely is a strong one, with about 43% of alcohol!
I will pass your compliments to our chefs and service team to thank them once again for the great work they have been doing.

Reviewed March 10, 2018

Ambience, view over Kantiang Bay phenomenal. For cocktails and watching the sunset, this would be a 5 rating. The cocktails were the best we had in Ko Lanta over our two week stay.

Dinner dishes, not so good. We started with the bisque soup and seared scallops. The bisque is best described as a fish broth with lobster bits. The scallops had the potential of being a good dish but unfortunately, they were over cooked and ended up being rubbery. Pointed this out to the waitress and received a visit from the head waitress apologising for the disappointing quality. Ok, nice that they apologised.

On to the mains, my wife had grilled prawns which were okay. The same dish we have had at other restaurants in the area which were considerably cheaper and more flavourful. The Sea Bass is their signature dish and has received multiple positive reviews. I am a huge fan of Sea Bass and have had it prepared in many restaurants around the world. Needless to say, they over cooked this as well. Ate a couple bites and stopped. Again, we received a visit from the head waitress where she did offer to replace the Sea Bass with another dish but at this point, the evening was a write off.

As most reviews indicated, the service is good for the area. But the food quality does not match the hype.

Any foodie considering this establishment, beware.

Happy travels.

MirkoLangiu, Director of Food & Beverage at The Seven Seas Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2018

Dear briky69,

We take into great consideration all comments, so I thank you for your yours as well.
Nice to hear, you enjoyed the good service and that you the cocktails you had at the Seven Seas were the best you had on koh Lanta.
Most of the comments we receive for this restaurant are excellent and several times in the past years The Seven Seas Restaurant has also been awarded the prestigious accolade of Best Thailand Restaurant by Tatler; of course, however, we understand that different guests might have different tastes, and sometimes it might happen that some guests find some of the dishes not to their liking. Sometimes, might also happen, that mistakes were made in the process of cooking, and we will certainly continue working hard to make sure these are minimized. So I thank you again for your comments, which I will certainly review with our Chef, so that on your next visit we might cook your dishes in your favourite way: we want all our guests to fully enjoy their dishes to their liking.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

We had dinner at the Seven Seas during a special buffet featuring Japanese, Thai, and Italian cuisines. Everything was extremely delicious and kudos to the chef for everything but especially for the amazing sushi and crab salad. The service was impeccable as everywhere in the Pimalai Resort and the cocktails unforgettable during the sunset. As it was our last night at Pimalai Resort, having drinks and dinner at Seven Seas was a wonderful way to end our vacation in Koh Lanta.

MirkoLangiu, Director of Food & Beverage at The Seven Seas Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

Dear SophiaK,

Thank you very much for dedicating part of your precious time to share your experience at The Seven Seas restaurant.
The buffet you are referring to is our popular East Meets West, which gives a very varied selection of food from different countries to please even the most selective palates.
Being The Seven Seas located about 80 meters above sea level, it offers an amazing panoramic ocean view over Kantiang Bay, so it is definitely also a good idea to start the evening there with one's favourite cocktails.

Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

Too bad this place didn’t meet my expectations. The view is spectacular, drinks are great, the workers mediocre and the food displeasing.
I thought from the reviews I would be more satisfied. The waitress highly recommended the lobster even though I had told her my other choices I was leaning for. When I didn’t get barely any lobster and she forgot the drawn butter she had no reaction when I complained. She also told me the restaurant would de shell it. What a waste of time and money in my thoughts. My husband had the sea bass and he enjoyed it. Not nearly as the rave we thought it would be.
I would expect higher class service at this type of restaurant, better quality food, and satisfying the customer when not happy. I declined a couple stars for the food and service. Was hoping for something better with the reviews.

Mirko L, Director of Food & Beverage at The Seven Seas Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Dear JM,

I am sorry to hear you did not like your lobster; the waitress, indeed suggested to you , because we had been receiving very good feedback about it from many guests and it is very unfortunate that the end this was not to your liking.
We appreciate and consider very seriously all comments, so we did investigate your case with the waitress who attended your table: she does not recall any complaint on your part, so it is possible there was some misunderstanding (although her English is quite good), or maybe you had moved it in such a polite and kind way that she did not get the message you actually intended to deliver? My apologies for this. I wish you had let the restaurant manager know of this issue immediately, as I am sure she would have replaced your order immediately, before you ate it, and you would have had a better experience.
I hope you will come to visit us again so; if you do so, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will make sure you too fully enjoy the great food and service for which this restaurant is continuously praised.