All reviewsmosquito netyour luggagebeach frontquiet endrestaurant staffbamboo hutswimming pool islow seasonsea viewwonderful resortgreat poolbeautiful beachbeach barrestaurants and barscabanabugsrepellent
Reviewed July 21, 2016

Rocked up here with nowhere booked to stay, so had not seen online prices, long story. So we were suprised at how expensive it was for what you got. Having travelled through Thailand several times, 2,420 baht in low season for here was madness, but given the situation we just agreed, then saw 1200 baht online, which makes far more sense and is a fair price. If you are backpacking and taking a break in a midrange place, you will be happy or if you dont know what places offer for the same price elsewhere. The staff were all lovely let me say, especially the girls at reception and cleaning staff. For us, the amount of stagnant water and mozzies were issues, and that is not being a whinge, that is subjective and there were too many for us and yes we had DEET on etc, we are not stupid! So if you get charged half of what we did then this might be a good option, the bar and restaurant offers pretty sea views and the beds were comfy, just wasn't right for us is all:) PS, wifi in room deosnt work, need to sit in restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HomeInAbag
Reviewed June 21, 2016

Looking at some of the reviews on here, I can't believe how difficult some people are to please. Costa Lanta is simply one of the most beautiful and relaxing places I have ever had the privilege to stay in.

I guess the minimalist concrete look is not for everyone, but that's why it can be helpful to look at some pictures before you book. Top travel tip right there. Yes, the cabanas are small. I can imagine it would have been difficult if we had stayed in one but I am not convinced it would have ruined my holiday. However, we booked the larger room and it was gorgeous - plenty of storage space, incredible bed, and the most enormous bathroom. Probably the nicest hotel bathroom I've ever used.

So: mosquitos. Thailand has them. Personally I got bitten a grand total of three times in a fortnight. I know, right? I should ask for my money back.

Yes, there are mosquitos in the bathroom. Even in the bigger rooms as the bathrooms are still slightly open. However, they neither bothered nor bit us. The turn-down service is very effective, wearing mosquito repellent works, you can buy a plug-in from a shop for added protection, and it's honestly, HONESTLY not a problem. Well, not unless you're looking for something to whinge about, I suppose. As for the complaints about the mosquito-infested swamp water in the grounds, well I guess I must have been there in the week all those bugs were away on holiday. I didn't see ANY mosquitos anywhere outside the room. I did see a monitor lizard though.

The grounds are incredibly beautiful and tranquil. The beach is breathtaking (and EMPTY up the Costa Lanta end), the pool is utterly wonderful. The staff are lovely and cannot do enough to help (I felt guilty about the amount of time we spent quizzing poor Alison), the food is the best I had outside Bangkok (yes, so it's more expensive than elsewhere in the island. That's possibly because it's a lot better), the cocktails are delicious. The breakfast isn't perfect but it's good enough, filling enough, and served every day with a warm smile.

I can't fault Costa Lanta. We wanted total peace and luxury and we got it. I really hope I am lucky enough to go back one day.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DrBojangles
Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

I visited Thailand this year and ended up at the Costa Lanta hotel in Koh Lanta by mistake. I wasn't disappointed. The hotel is beautiful and the staff are amazing. Really friendly place and they can't seem to help you out quickly enough. The chef's are brilliant and I had some great food during my stay. The picturesque beach was a stones throw away from my room and the place had a very relaxed vibe. The island is pretty small, you can get around it in a few days and there's a great atmosphere and a few nice bars nearby.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2016

I heard a lot about Costa Lanta, until i made a decision i have to make it there. The transportation is not an issue as I already checked that i have to go by ferry. The first day of visit found out air conditioner is not working as expected while the whether was so hot. They took like 2 hours to finally change our room for us. The room type we chose was sea view. Be aware that you won't get that beautiful sea view people as it won't be front beach sea view, you will get a sea view from distant. Also if you don't mind being boxed in a small square area this place is fine for you as there is not much area for you to walk around in your bedroom. The restaurant part... the food was okay, southern type, average taste, but the service from the staff was not very impressive.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2016

Had an excellent stay at this beautiful and peaceful resort.
Nice service and courteous staff. Rooms are clean and and well-spaced out from adjacent ones.
Bike rentals and taxis available for commute.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple