Twin Bay Resort
US$272
US$198
US$168
Priceline
Thai House Beach Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$12
US$11
MOONLIGHT Exotic Bay Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$30
Agoda.com
Long Beach Chalet(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$69
US$103
US$61
TripAdvisor
Royal Lanta Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$44
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsstar locationtuk tukbeach frontlow seasonklong dao beachlaid backperfect locationfamily roompool barsecond rowrestaurant servessaladan townthree nightsmain townbig bathroomisland tourstandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My family and many friends (13 of us, 8 adult and 5 kids) have just returned from spending 5 days at the Twin Bay resort. I had never been to Koh Lanta before and had no idea what to expect. So after searching the web I came across Twin bay reviews on Tripadvisor. They seemed mostly to be positive but their was some not so happy campers. What impressed me was the response back from Jon the Resort manager to the people in question. he was honest, thorough and very simpathetic with their complaints and feedback. This is what actually persuaded me to stay here funnily enough.
Well, all I can say is I am so glad that I went with my gut instinct and stayed at this resort because it was awesome.

The staff were so friendly even down to the lovely hospitality cleaning staff - they were always first to offer a sawadee greeting and smile everytime. The reception staff were always abliged to help you in any way- whether it was to do with tours or hiring tuk tuk motorbikes or problems with lanuage barrier- they were there to help.
The bar staff were great fun and you could have a laugh with them. The only downside was their lack of selections of alcohol as it was the end of the good season and the hotel wasn't ordering any new stock (understandable) But we had fun making up our own drinks to compensate.

The accomodation was fantastic and clean. We had booked three types of accomodation offered.
A standard room x 2, Family room and Beachfront . Jon upgraded one of our families to a beachfront suite for the family of 5 that were travelling with us.(Thanks Jon). This was a perfect size for them.

The buffet breakfast was great offering a selection of western food. Even more entertaining was when the cheeky monkey came from nowhere and stole the bunch of bananas he had been eyeing off - "a very rare site this was" the locals were saying but extremly amusing for all those that saw it that morning.

The kids loved the pool -we loved it all!
Its a short distance into the main town area and hiring a tuk tuk motor bike from locals made it cheaper for us to commute.

All in all I am so happy we stayed here an look forward to staying at Twin Bay again. Jon (RM) is true to his word and is puting 150% in to have this place up to a higher standard with new renovations, new staff and training and upgrading old procedures to be new and fresh.
An interesting man with a great sense of humour who doesnt mind a chat while he works away.
You will love the layed back lifestyle here. Yes we will be back!

Lisa

Room Tip: Beachfront suites are great - for a few dollars more well worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Lisa and crew,

You just made my morning coffee taste that much better. I just shared this review with one of my staff and the smile it brought to her was real.

We all remember you and the gang you brought along in tow. Nothing better than 13 Aussies on a mission to enjoy themselves. You clearly did that and entertained the locals admirably i must say. I think you summed up your stay and the resort in general as the way i saw/see it. Yes there are things to do to bring it up to the standard i and the owner expect and our sleeves are rolled up now that low season has finally arrived.

I for sure and the remainder of my team will certainly look forward to your return and i promise to have the bar fully stocked.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

We were there only for 2 nights. Would have been ideal to stay there for another 2. The family bungalows are very nice and the area is very green! Being able to walkout to the beach is nice. The restaurant is quite nice, not too pricey and serves some western as well. Very kid friendly environment.

It took us THB2700 and 2 hours to get from the airport to this place, that was not so great especially for a short trip. We had the hotel book the ride, on the way we booked our own ride and it was thb2200. the town Sala Dan is a 50 thb per person ride away and has 7-11 and restaurants. Very friendly people as always! Would certainly go back for a longer time. We went in April so only a couple of other families there. It probably gets much busier at other times

You can get day tours via boat which start off right from the beach! Snorkelling is nice, of course.

Room Tip: Family bungalows are nice! Dont know much aboutmother rooms. Get the beach facing one if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your nice review of Twin Bay resort. Singapore is only a hop skip and a jump from Koh Lanta and makes for a great long weekend get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.

I agree the airport transfer is quite steep but we have to use an outsourced company for this as we do not have a suitable minibus (yet) to arrange the transfers ourselves. Once we do acquire a minibus i will certainly look at the pricing. Likewise the tuk tuk trips, again outsourced and would very much to have our own the next high season.

I am delighted that you would consider visiting us again and hope we have that opportunity in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Great resort, fab location, pool amazing and beautifully clean, great family place, clean rooms, food in the restaurant is amazing, only slightly higher prices than in town prices but ten times better.

A few minor irritations that were easily rectified by the manager and staff, some very surly staff that didn't add to the ambience, but equally some really lovely staff who made up the balance.

We were a big group with kids in tow and this was a great place to stay. Would come back and recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear valued Guest

Again i would use your nae if i knew it but the profile only says Fizz. Well from that name i can only assume it is drink related or you are a bubbly character. I clearly remember a " posse" of Kiwis coming through Twin Bay and i guess you were one of them. Please correct me if i am wrong of course.

It is reviews like yours, and others before you, that truly make my work and commitment to Twin Bay so worthwhile. I've had sleepless nights in the past but my sleep patterns are now becoming more stable. Anyhow, still lots more to do to please and meet our guest's expectations, low season sounds low but in reality its just a mask for acting on all reviews and comments i have received during the last 5 months of managing here.

Thanks once again for your kind words. The " very surly staff " i believe have now left as the season closes.but "smiling courses" start this coming Monday

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We recently stayed at Twin Bay for 5 nights during our visit to Thailand. We stayed in an Executive Beach Front room which was fantastic! Jon made our visit very enjoyable, welcoming us when we arrived after a long day travelling from Koh Samui. Jon is always available to talk during your stay to help with any questions you may have. The location is superb, a beautiful beach/ 5 mins into Saladan Town centre on a Tuk Tuk, which are always readily available outside the hotel. The hotel has a superb swimming pool which is set in beautiful surroundings, sun beds always readily available, with a pool bar close to hand (happy hour starts at 17:00). Our room was cleaned beatifully everyday, the towels configured as a different animal on the bed each day. The restaurant offers excellent value for money, be careful not to order too much as the portions are large! Overall an excellent 3 star hotel with the potential to increase to a 5 star with some investment/ changes in personnel in some areas, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would visit again during a trip to Ko Lante, ideal for both couples and families.

Room Tip: Definitely an Executive beach front room!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Kevin

Many thanks for a wonderful review of Twin Bay. I noted that you both were very quick to de-stress after your journey from Koh Samui.

Naturally i have posted this review, as i do with all reviews, on the staff board to let them know what are guests are saying about us. It was a pleasure to welcome you both and to organize the congratulatory dinner on the terrace..

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you both back in the not too distant future.

Resort manager

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I booked this resort back at the beginning of October 2011, and then started having serious doubts!! Lots of negative reviews made me question whether we should cancel, but having reassurance from the new Manager Jon we decided to stick with it. And glad we did!

The location is perfect with beautiful surroundings and lots of wildlife (kids heaven). We saw eagles, butterflies, lizards and even a monkey who came and stole bananas from the breakfast buffet! The pool is nice and we never had a problem with finding a sunbed and the view from the pool to the beach is fantastic.

Yes, the place is tired and does need a re-vamp, but for the low season price we paid, we were happy. As already mentioned in previous posts, room safes would be beneficial and better water pressure in the shower but we managed for our five nights and Jon even gave us somewhere to store our valuables.

The breakfast buffet was good with someone cooking eggs however you wanted each morning. The food in the restaurant was also of a good quality but their caesar salad did make me laugh - came without croutons, so I asked the waitress for some and she seemed to understand but brought me back 2 pieces of toast!! That aside, the burgers, lasagne and pad thai were very enjoyable.

Cocktails by 'Tom Cruise' were surprisingly delicious and the cold beer went down well with the other half! Kids enjoyed the fruit shakes that were available! Bar shut at 10pm each night but the tv was kept on for guests wanting to watch sport!

On our last day we had the tsunami warning which was a little scary (to say the least), Jon however made certain all guests were made aware and evacuated to safety and once it was all over, we were offered a free buffet dinner at the restaurant, which was a nice touch.

There is a very laid back feel to this resort which is common to the Thailand we have seen already! Would I go back? Yes if the price is right!

Room Tip: Beach front view was great/family room was large and clean
2  Thank Superma
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Marion.

Many thanks for your review. I must admit i was very embarrassed when you checked in and i had not followed up with my promises on the "large safe" and Family room within arms length. I guess my excuse sounded weak but it was genuine.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that all that anxiety faded away once you tasted Tom Cruise's adhoc cocktail mixes. I have decided to offer croutons for breakfast along side the salad bar in memory of your experience. The Tsunami evacuation went well as you said, and we have learnt a few things from it to have on standby if we should receive any other warnings, The guests were very orderly which made the whole thing a lot easier.

As i said to you before you left, feel free to contact me directly if you would like to return and i'm sure i can find space for such a nice and fun family that you were. Well the low season is almost upon us so its time to work on the "re-vamp" as you mentioned, but will not change the ambiance the resort affords all our guests.