“Amazing dives and nice people ”
Review of Scubafish

Scubafish
Ranked #11 of 42 Tours in Ko Lanta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scubafish offers small groups, an unrivalled reputation for high quality, personal service, a PADI 5 Star Training Centre, Underwater Digital Imaging Academy and Marine Education Centre. Based in the South of Ko Lanta, our 2 luxury dive boats offer shorter journey times to some of Thailand's top dive sites. We know your holiday time is precious and we want to make sure you get the most out of it!
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We spend six days in total during our stay with Scubafish. It was amazing. They managed to keep us the same guide, Sanae, all the time. Eventhough he was a bit difficult to understand in the beginning, he is great and helped me to enhance my technique. But as we were not used to dive in thin suits he may have missed that we had slightly to much weight the first day which we changed trying another provider in between. But this is the only minor point. Sanae is especially great at spotting small things. But as you can see on the photos we were quite lucky to see also the big ones. We had quite some fun with him and felt always well cared for.
Scubafish has two own boats and is located further south than the other dive schools. That gives them some advantage going to the main dive sites like Koh Haa and the southern spots. Even though they take groups from other diving centers on the tours the trips are usually not over crowded and even when the boats are full they manage to time the groups that it was still nice. Maybe just be careful to look at the booking board the day before because we were told by some other guests that on heavely frequented days (more than 15 customers on the small or more then 35 on the big boat) it can be stressful since there isn't enough space to really relaxe.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"pimalai resort"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

I did the 1.5 day discover scuba diving programmer with Scuba Fish at the very end of March and they were fantastic.

I’ve never been scuba diving before and hadn’t even snorkeled since I was a kid. I love marine life but was nervous to do a full diving course as I was unsure if I would like it so the 1.5 day option seemed like an ideal way to test things out.

The pool session was informative and Klaus, the dive master, was wonderful. He went over the basic skills and signs and answered all my questions thoroughly.

On the day of the actual dive, I completely freaked out when trying to go down and Klaus was very calming and reassuring. If it were not for him I would not have been able to complete the experience. It was harder than I expected for me to adjust to the feeling of the bubbles against my face when exhaling into the respirator under water. Klaus held my hand pretty much the entire time that I was down there, without which I’m not sure what I would’ve done!

All staff were super friendly, as was the boat crew. Our dive was at Ko Ha which was stunning. And we saw a whale shark!!!

Highly recommend the programme to anyone looking to check out scuba diving.

SCUBAFISH-Lanta, Manager at Scubafish, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Oh Nikki - thank goidness you dived! It took me 250+ dives to see my first whaleshark :) Thank you for this great review and your positive words about Klaus. We of course agree with you that he is a dedicated professional who is able to help the most nervous people go diving but it’s wonderful to hear it from one of his very satisfied customers all the same. Please come back and join us again anytime - maybe next time for your OW licence?

Reviewed April 2, 2018

In March 2018 we spent our 10th holiday on Koh Lanta.
We were visiting the dive shop in Kan Tiang where Keith gave us a very nice, friendly and professional welcome. So we decided to dive with Scubafish.
The dive trips are very well organized, starting with a pick up in the morning always on time (big thanks to Jim). The boats are comfortable and the food is excellent.
(beginning with a choice of breakfast, fresh fruits during daytime, delicious lunch
and yummy bakery on the way home after diving).
All drinks on board (water, soft drinks, juices, coffee + tea) are included.
After the first dive towels are distributed by the crew.
All diving equipment is built up,rinsed and stowed after diving by the staff.
We were guided by charming, friendly and kind Naiyana, Suhaimi, Safari
and especially by Claus whom we knew before from another diving center.
Thank you Magnus for the professional under water photos.
Big thank you to all of them, great team.
We have seen leopard and blacktip sharks, turtles, batfish, big fat yellow seahorses
and all the other beautiful tropical reef inhabitants.
Especially the big schools of yellow snappers were outstanding.
We are looking forward to come back again.

All the best from Germany
Nicole + Robert

Reviewed March 30, 2018

My friend and I went on a scuba trip to Ko Haa with Scubafish last week and it was the highlight of my trip. I did Discover Scuba Diving, and my friend who is already PADI certified was allowed to stay with me and dive deeper if she wanted to. Because I was a college swimmer, I was allowed to skip the pool day and dive right into things. Once I had the hundred pound tank on, I started to feel a bit nervous. But my instructor Suhaimi was the BOMB. He went over hand signals and equipment with me during the boat ride and was always right next to me during the dive, pointing out fish and always checking if I was okay. At one point during the dive I motioned to him that something felt wrong with my head/eyes because the pressure wasn't going away despite doing his "equilibrating" tricks. He was immediately responsive and swam over to help adjust my goggles. Scubaing with Suhaimi is like scubaing with a mermaid. First of all, Suhaimi has the most amazing hair. Secondly, you can tell he is completely at home in his underwater kingdom and when he points out funny fish, you can tell that his eyes are smiling. At Koh Haa we saw just schools of amazing marine life, soft coral, moray eels, a stingray....I loved my first scuba diving adventure and I am going to continue on with my certification after this magical experience. Thank you Suhaimi and Scubafish!

Angela, we can’t thank you enough for taking the time to write such a lovely review of Scubafish and of our (your) wonderful instructor, Suhaimi. We’re more than aware that our dedicated team makes us what we are and Suhaimi is a shining example of this. We are so glad your introduction to diving was this magical and we’ll pass on these great comments to the man himself. Many thanks and welcome back at any time :)