See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 5, 2016 via mobile

I only stayed here for one night and i enjoyed every minute. Very clean room with a large comfortable bed. Shower was even hot and there was complimentary water, coffee and kettle. The room also has a minibar, tv and hairdryer with a safe in the wardrobe. An outdoor area for washing and hanging clothes and I also believe there was a swimming pool but I didn't see it or use it. It's a 5 minute walk to the Main Street where there is a 7/11 and a lovely food market. There is a family mart convenience store 2 minutes around the corner

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Kim F
Reviewed March 26, 2016 via mobile

We stayed for one night after purchasing a deal online. The check in was swift however be warned the key deposit is 2000thb or your passport, a lot more than other hotels. The villa was clean and comfortable with good air con and a good shower over bath. The pool was small and nice but unfortunately tainted by a strong smell of sewerage, which I believe came from the neighboring river. All in all a good stay for a night for a budget traveller.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2016

Room was nice, bed comfortable and they come clean room everyday if wanted. The pool is small but nice and clean. Water in room is dirty and needs better tv, if they was to sort this out it would be a place i would stay again. In good location and quite. manger/owner is nice guy. Dont get room 5 as staff will wake up in morning.

Room Tip: All rooms same
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2016 via mobile

What a terrible experience I just had with the manger or owner. We asked to see a room and he quoted 1400B we said we would book online as it was cheaper and we just wanted to see the room. After seeing room we agreed to stay. Then he said the water was yellow and the pool was dirty so we declined to stay, as I was leaving I said to him why are you charging people 1400 a room with theses problems. He got angry told me a was ill and should go to hospital thinking this was being witty I asked him to come with me. Anyway he was really a nasty man following me spitting on the floor and acting aggressive. What a disgusting human being.

Stayed: March 2016
Surasak K, Reservations at Mangrove Villa, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2016

Dear Miss
We are very sad to read your review and have spoken with our reception manager who we trust fully and we know for many many years. As you say the standard price of the room, 1400 Baht was quoted to you this is correct. Sometimes there are last minute deals available online and reception are not always aware of these. He told you that you would be most welcome to book it online, it is not an issue for us.

He also wished to forewarn you about the water and pool so that we did not take your money and then tell you the problems as this would be very bad. The pool was being cleaned that day, it was not dirty just a routine clean so was told to you that it was unavailable for 1 day and would be ready again the following day for use. We do not see that this is unreasonable, also the water had a slight colouring to it due to the ground and area that day, the water is still clean but again he wished to be honest and open with you.

When he told you that he was unable to discount the room for you then you became very irate and talking many things he could not even understand all of, he just kept quiet and walked back to the entrance. We feel very sorry you felt the need to write the rest of your comments.

All the best

Reviewed February 19, 2016 via mobile

The location is perfect,because its close to the center and the beach but still very quiet to have rest.
The staff was friendly,and the room was ok too.
If you ask,they come to clean and change towels every day...
All together it was a perfect holiday for Us!
Thank You!!