All reviewsmain buildingsalad hutfull moon partykoh phanganswimming poollow seasonstayed here for nightsa lovely staygreat poolminute drivebeachresortmassagebungalowislandthailandpricier
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

I was not a hotel guest, but a semi-happy restaurant patron. I endured an arduous hike in the heat, and it was lovely to stop in for a beer and shrimp papaya salad. The food options are pricier than the Haad Yao restaurants I visited. It felt long waiting for our dishes to arrive, but maybe I was famished and dehydrated.

I've noticed that servers are not animated and do not make one feel welcome in general in Thailand. The same attitude at this resort.

I also did not like that the server provided the cutlery after the plates were set on the table. There would have been plenty of time to prepare for this. When the food arrives one just wants to eat.

My papaya shrimp salad was beautifully presented with very spicy hot chilli pepper and garlic. It was only satisfactory. The vegetables were warm (I didn't want stirfry) and both peanuts and green beans were soggy.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel, knowing it was going to be basic. Myself and my partner just really wanted a bed and shower to go to as we had to be just heading to the full moon parties etc. A number of things let the hotel down.
1- Air con- the air con was located over the bed in which it was dripping out dirty water. My partner had to regularly get up and wipe down the air con to prevent this happening. Instead we just chose to sweat it out... literally.
2- The toliet- no flushing ANY tissue in. Therefore soiled toliet rolls were to be placed in the basket to smell up the already small room!
3- Shower- the shower located in the bathroom was useless. Little to no power and it was communal to the toliet & sink. Myself and partner had to shower in our flip flops as we didnt trust that the floor was even clean.
-4- The room in general- outdated and in massive need of refurbishment. They use 2 pin sockets rather than the new 3 pin that we had an adapter for and have used in all of our previous hotels. When I asked reception staff they were little to not helpful. Told me to go to the electric shop and get a new one that would fit. This shop was an hour away. We were also given 2 single beds that were later pushed together by the cleaners to give us our "double".

Advantages of the hotel is that it is located on a nice enough beach. Nice enough sunset on it too.

We are a young irish couple who wouldnt usually be fussy with things at all. We read reviews here and didnt listen. Although we wish now that we did. After about 5 hours here we booked another hotel that is absolutely AMAZING!!! Please do not be as niave as we were and listen to reviews. There were lots of just bad vibes from the beginning! - holes in doors, doors seemed to be easily opened regardless of having a key. I could go on!

We didnt bring any of this to the attention of staff as we didnt want to be upgraded or given another room. We just wanted out! On walk around the resort all the other rooms seemed to be similarly outdated and probably with similar problems to ours.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emzic2016
Reviewed June 24, 2017

The hotel is nice but the people working there is really rude. Don't eat in the restaurant, bad food and expensive.The hotel is good for families, no party hotel. In low season at least theres nothing around, everything was close and prices in the area are higher than in the rest of koh phangan. A bit far of everything. For me at least Had Rin is better area to stay. Beautiful sunsets.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vale D
Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located in a stunning part of the island with your own private beach at the rear of the property. Rooms were nice and the breakfast was delicious.

We stayed here for 2 nights during the full moon party, the only negative is that it's about a 45 minute drive from the full moon party, long way to travel at 6am after a huge night!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Justin S
Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

A little expensive for the quality. Rooms were average..first room we got had a bunch of little bugs crawling in the beds so that turned us off but we got a new room once we complained and it appeared to be fine. Right on the beach so that was nice. The room wasnt cleaned every day despite the sign left on the door..not a terrible room just asking a little too much price wise. It did have ac though.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple