See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 4, 2017

I had booked and payed at the Haad Yao Bayview Resort & Spa in Ko Pha Ngan  for 6 nights in August 2017 but I left after 4 nights, it was just terrible. When I arrived, I could not get the reception to clean the dirty bathroom, hair in the shower, ashtray full on the terrace... The restaurant was empty, never saw anyone eat there, so I gave it a miss too. No internet in the room. Motorcycle rental scammed me of 1500 Baht, pretending the back of the mirror was damaged. Why people in the hotel business choose to treat their customers like that is beyond me. A truly dreadful place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bruno P
Reviewed August 25, 2017

The hotel is situated in the corner of a bay, at high tide you have to wade through the water(shin high) to go to the rest of the beach. Pool is nice, covered area is good.
We had 3 rooms for 3 nights, our original rooms were up up up! Beautiful view but hard on the knees. Two of us opted for waterfront rooms , they looked great , but we had little fly issues, millions of them. They didn't bite but they were everywhere. After murdering all that we could see, we let the reception know that we would like our room sprayed. They gave us little yellow cone things, they didn't do much. My girlfriends room next door had none, so it was limited to our room! My only other issue was we wanted them to drive us back to the ferry (they had lots of vehicle for this) The fee they wanted to charge us was ridiculous, especially since we ate most meals (breakfast,lunch) we usually went elsewere for dinner, but did have dinner once it was good. So instead of giving us a brake , we opted to call they taxi guy who drove us there. All in all it is a good hotel, but a touch more customer service would go along way.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

First thing: bungalows were okay but a bit old and dirty. The people at the reception were the unfriendliest staff I ever experienced during a hotelstay. One woman who seems to be the boss kind of screamed at us while waiting for ur taxi. We ordered it one day in advance, because I needed to go to hospital on time. After 10 min waiting we asked her several times and suddenly she wanted to see the taxi confirmation we booked a day before and said "i give you your money back". The only thing we wanted was a taxi, or at least some information when the taxi will arrive. Of course we didn't take the money back. In Thailand we had no other chance to get a taxi at that moment.
In the end the taxi came but arguing with that woman was exhausting.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2017

I stayed at this Hotel in July 2017 and had a terrible stay in a very unfriendly atmosphere created by Management trying sell me unwanted excursions in a forceful manner.
The restaurant in the hotel was empty but I made the mistake of eating there only to be served stale food so I would advise people to avoid this Hotel.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is on beach, we got room up in a hill, so we tried not to forget anything when we exit the room so we wouldn't have to go back cause it's not so easy to walk. Although the view from room was incredible!!! The staff is not so friendly and their english was very bad.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple