“I fell in love”

Phi Phi Paradise Pearl Resort
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I had the time of my life at this place. The room was great- no complaints. The walk to long beach just made our trip that little more adventurous. The massages that you can get along the beach are just unbelievable I highly recommend anyone getting one...your crazy if you don't...best thing after a long day in the sun. I must say having Phi Phi Ley as my view was nothing short of incredible! And the trip over there...well breath taking. I must say...thanks to 'U' our longtail boat driver...great guy! Every chance I have I will come back to this spot and when Im not, I have memories that will last forever.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2010

Paradise pearl is on a lovely stretch of beach; it's nice to stay out of the tourist trap area of Phi Phi. The location is beautiful and you can actually swim in the ocean here, The bungalows are similar to staying in a rented cottage in the midwest usa, which was fine with me, although the bathroom did stink. The food here is good and the resturant is a lovely wooded setting. I do recommend staying here if you are not too fussy. Many have complained about the staff; I did not find them to be rude, just indifferent and not particularly friendly by western standards.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Considering it's not easy to find a good place for a good price on Phi Phi this place isn't too bad. Staff won't make you smile (and neither do they) but I've seen worse. Food and rooms average. Nice and quiet location which we were looking for. Beach looks nice but dead coral, shells, boats and stones make it an awkward swimming experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We moved from The Beach Resort to Paradise Pearl on our third night, the breakfast and food was nice the rooms clean & tidy albeit dated & the staff friendly with a nice atmosphere. Definitely the best option on Long Beach.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2010

If you wish to avoid the noise, heat, tourist traps, and multitudes of day-trippers, stay on Long Beach. Paradise Pearl is closest resort to beach with wonderful Thai island ambiance. We stayed in room A2 which is beachfront and on the end of the beach...very clean, quiet, with in-room security safe, and beach-front patio. I recommedn that you upgrade to beach-front suite, but prices vary so do your homework. Restaurant/service is average...staff lack the traditional Thai hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I'm surprised after reading some of the reviews on here.... our stay sounds like it was totally different! We arrived with no booking and were shown to a spacious, clean room immediately. The staff carried our bags for us and made sure we were happy with the room before booking us in. The location, for us, was perfect. The beach is stunning and as it was low season the beach was practically deserted - our very own piece of paradise! The reception staff and all other staff we came into contact with were very good, though service at the restaurant could be slow.

The main hub of activity on the island is about a 10 minute long tail ride away, and it does cost 100B each. However, this suited us as we spend the days relaxing on the beach and the evenings in the 'town'. We had no problem getting a longtail back to the resort after dark either, the latest time we came back was about 11.30 but it was no problem, so I'm sure we could have stayed later if we wanted to. There was also a great little bar on the Long Beach itself, I forget what it was called but that was open until about 1am for those who wanted it.

It is true that the showers aren't great, the water is cold and tastes odd too - other than that we were more than happy with our stay here and I would definitely, definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We stayed for 3 nights in June in the deluxe room which was very cheap and very basic. It had everything like tv, fridge, safe shower etc but was lit with fluorescent lights. The beds were very stiff and the pillows were very solid.

The hotel is located on Long beach which is a 10 minute long-boat ride from the pier (if you are looking to explore/eat out don't bother staying here). It is isolated, there is another resort on the beach but that is it. The main pier is not within walking distance (45 min+ around rocks etc depending on the tide).

The restaurant is right on the beach which is amazing. It was reasonably priced but the first meal I had was overcooked and burnt. There isn't any other restaurants on Long beach so we got over the food very quickly. The wait staff seemed bored and were not helpful if changes needed to be made to your meal. The service at the restaurant was average and the food was the same.

There is a small shop which sells chocolate, water etc which is reasonably priced. There is also internet available but it is charged at 3THB per minute. There are massage services available but only use the one next to the reception area... the one at the other resort is not as good.

We were only a short distance to the beach, 100 meters back, which was stunning and what saved this from being a horrible experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends