“A very special place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunflower Beach Bar

Sunflower Beach Bar
Ranked #2 of 10 Nightlife in Ko Phi Phi Don
More attraction details
Owner description: Located right on the water's edge, the Sunflower Beach Bar & Restaurant is the most unique establishment on Phi Phi island. With salas, hammocks, mats, & interesting boat seats, Sunflower offers fantastic ocean views and magnificent sunsets in a beautiful, tropical setting. Do yourself a favour and check out the island's only true chill-out bar... the last remaining thai-style beach bar that refuses to become like all the others with their fake offers, evil buckets, and ridiculously loud, crap music.
Cheshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A very special place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

We stayed on Phi Phi for 2 nights in July 2010 and spent both nights just chilling at this bar. The best sunset view on the island and the hospitality shown to us by Mel & Ben was great. Along with the best chill out tunes from their sound system...bliss.

The simple Thai food was delicious and cheap and the bar itself is a work of art to me. Ben has rebuilt this amazing boat shaped bar from the ruins of the boxing day tsunami with it's bar chairs made out of old ruined longboats.
If you are lucky enough to sit down with him and hear his story you will understand how special this place is.

We had a harrowing day caught in a sudden storm in a longboat with not enough life jackets and the waves breaching the front of the boat. We were so glad to reach the shore that both me and my wife spent the whole night in the Sunflower ending up with tattoo's that are very special to us both.

This place has a real special place in our hearts and we hope it stays that way....enjoy

Visited July 2011
2 Thank igdude

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“like Captain Simply The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

This place is my favourite place to chill. The views of the bay are superb. The funky benches made out of long tail boats and the hammocks are great. The staff are soooooo nice.

The bar is owned by Mel & her Thai husband who looks remarkably like Captain Jack Sparrow! Do yourself and visit but please stay away in April 2012 because I'm going back & I want it all to myself!!!!!

Visited April 2011
Phuket, Thailand
“My local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

My partner and I love the Sunflower Bar and have been coming here for years. The food is fantastic (best chicken fried rice on the island) and really reasonably priced. The beers are literally the coldest you can get on the island - that and the free pool, free wifi, hammocks, chilled tunes and awesome atmosphere make this the best place to relax on the island. The staff are friendly and welcoming and we happily lose hours here most days - would highly recommend!

Visited February 2011
London, United Kingdom
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Very avarage”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

I'm very surprised this place has got so many good reviews. It's very avarage when comparing to other bars in Thailand. Drinks are avarage and prices as well. Location on the beach (like any other bar here), music very avarage, food so so. To be honest this place is only good when the hammocks are free, during the day when you want to read a book or just relax in the shade. And we didn't really like the lady (wife of the owner?) serving us...

Visited December 2010
1 Thank ThailandIsTheBest
Leeds, United Kingdom
“the real Phi Phi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2010

Unique and unforgettable - the one place amongst my travels that I always want to return to and provides most of my happy memories.