2,835 results
All reviewssunset baradult poollong tail boatgarden bungalowbeach frontjasmin restaurantsea gypsylaem tong beachbeautiful beachour honeymoonmaya bayhour tripoutdoor showerwhite sandy beachferry ridedeck chairsrelaxing holiday
Reviewed December 19, 2011

This was our first trip to Thailand, we had a mad taxi ride from Phuket Airport to the port and just caught the last speedboat to Phi Phi and then a local boat to the Holiday Inn hotel, this is the only access there are no roads.
The accomodation was a bungalow at the back of the resort but perfect for us, be prepared for the noise the tree frogs make they add to the atmosphere, the beach superb and the views are spectacular, if you just want to chill out and relax this is perfect, hotel staff, location food, atmosphere is great for couples, if you want to explore it is all by boat and cheap as chips

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet the best rooms are on the beachside
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Nithas S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2016

I appreciate that you have enjoyed your stay with us in overall.

I am very grateful for the feedback provided as this gives us the opportunity of improving our services. And I have shared your comments with our team members to continue motivated in delivering high standards of service.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback and look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to our resort.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

This is not your typical Holiday Inn!! This resort is located on the best part of the island!!! I loved it. It was a relaxed environment and the staff was really nice and assisted us with anything we needed. Only bad thing is that you have to take a long tail boat to get to other parts of the island, but everything you really need is at the resort. The long tail boat tour was wonderful!!!! I loved the beach, resort, and the island. The beauty of Phi Phi island and the turquoise waters will forever be engraved in my memory. I would definitely go back to Phi Phi island and I'd stay at Holiday Inn Resort!!

Room Tip: Some bungalows are closer to the beach but they are not directly on the beach, so if you don't mind walking a few minutes, you can save money on the bungalows further away.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Khiana R

Reviewed December 9, 2011

A large comfortable resort stretched along a lovely beach. Rooms were large and comfortable.we had an ocean view but a long walk from the main area. Food was good, not exceptional . Lots of variety. Liquor was quite costly. If you drink scotch, bring your own. $ 20.00 a shot. Snorkeling around Phi Phi Ley was like an ant hill but Mosquito Island, minutes from the hotel by long tail was amazing. Staff were friendly and helpful. A little confusing figuring out the system of ferries and long tail taxi but everyone helps to get you where you are going. Loved it and would go back. Great restaurants up the beach. No shopping, have to take a long tail boat to Tonsai Bay which is not far. Make sure you book a long tail tour.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view close to the main area.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank precious1952
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Phi Phi Islands has been voted as a paradise on earth quite a few times and this place is surely a shining star in the sky of phi phi.We loved every bit of it!
The tranquil and turquoise waters visible from the cottages,excellent room service and delicious food made a perfect honeymoon for us.
This is the only option on Laemtong beach which has a proper beach, rest all are just sea shores.Not to forget the clean waters and the snorkeling opportunities there, we spend at least 4-5 hours a day snorkeling with some of the amazing marine species of Andaman Sea.
The sunset bar was easily one of the most romantic places on earth to see a sunset.People staying in the other resorts also flocked the place, such was the aura of it.
The resort arranged long tail boat trips to Phi Phi Leh,Maya Bay,Philomena Bay,Nui Bay and Monkey Island for us and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
The icing on the cake was the Thai Night organised on the Sunday evening, it couldn't have been better than this.The dancers singing to the tunes of the Thai folk songs were the resort staffs and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Thanks to Holiday Inn for making our honeymoon perfect!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed December 7, 2011

We had a Picturesque view from our quaint beach bungalow. The water in front of the hotel is turquoise and wonderful for snorkeling. This spot is ideal for honeymooners and for day excursions to Maya beach, James bond island and many sought after spots. The dinner and breakfast buffets are very nice. make sure to visit the sunset bar.

• Stayed: November 2011