We stayed for 4 nights in April 2011.
We had a beach bungalow, so could just walk through the path at the trees onto the beach. We spent many many hours snorkeling with our 6 year old. We borrowed one of the canoes one day for a bit of a paddle, and enjoyed that.
when we weren't on the beach we swam in the newer pool up the hill further. This pool was devine!!!
We had several meals within the resort, the food was good, and the prices were what you'd expect from a resort with little competition.
We also ate several times at the Jasmine restaurant next door. We think this is where my partner may have got his tummy bug that lasted several days.
We hired a long tail from the resort to explore neighbouring Phi Phi Ley. We found the prices were just as good as from talking to a couple of the sea gypsies, it seems that's who the resort uses anyway.
We had an amazing afternoon on Phi Phi Ley, and even going to Maya Bay at that time of day was a brilliant idea! There was hardly anyone there.
We transfered from Phuket to Phi Phi, on the public ferry which although felt long and tedious, and chaotic when we got back, for the price you pay, you really can't complain.
This was our first time staying actually on Phi Phi, and I simply can't wait to return. No more Patong for me....I've been spoilt!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Water sports activities, including snorkeling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn