2,835 results
All reviewssunset baradult poollong tail boatgarden bungalowbeach frontjasmin restaurantsea gypsylaem tong beachbeautiful beachour honeymoonmaya bayhour tripoutdoor showerwhite sandy beachferry ridedeck chairsrelaxing holiday
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I won't be back. The rooms are old and tired the food is expensive and very average. Not much going on in this location.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank balisurfer187
Rung-aroon K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed here in March as part of our honeymoon. We stayed for 4 nights but this was far too long as you are stuck on a remote island with crap service, poor amenities in a hotel chain that makes you feel like a walking dollar. When we first got to the hotel we were given a really crumby room. It was old fashioned, unstylish and drab. The bathroom was like something out of the 70s and came complete with a discoloured shower curtain! We asked for a refund so we could move to another hotel, but they gave us another room instead. This room was much better, but for the price it was seriously lacking it style & comfort, compared to other hotels we stayed in during our tour of the south.

After a disappointing start we decided to stay positive and try and make the most of our time here. We went down to the beach - which is, by the way, a beautiful beach - possibly my fave in Thaliand, and after a relaxing day we returned to our room where we hoped to have some pre-dinner drinks. Fail! There is no mini bar in the rooms at this hotel!!! Have you ever heard such a thing??? When we quizzed staff as to why this may be, they said that it was because check out is a very hectic time and if they have to check every mini bar then it will cause delays...Really!!! This is a Holiday Inn - should they not just invest in an automated service that notifies reception each time you take from the fridge? Or just go to each room and check - after all - this is what guests expect when paying for a good hotel. Every other hotel in the world manages it so why can;t this hotel? So we got ourselves ready and went down for dinner. Another disappointment - I ordered the scallops but they were inedible and i had to send them back and I went to back to my room hungry. At about 10.30 my hunger got the better of me and I decided to order some room service. Again - you'd think this would be pretty simple - but not here at the Holiday Inn - as Room Service ends at some ridiculously early hour like 9.30-10pm. I thought that was really shoddy and just cemented my overall opinion of the hotel. Rather than being a hotel that sets out to provide excellent service to it's guests - this is a hotel that's main purpose is make a dollar with minimum effort and whilst compromising the comfort of the guests.

Crumby rooms, no mini bar, crap room service, tasteless restaurants. I would not recommend to anyone.

The only positive is that the hotel is on a beautiful part of the beach, but a great day on the beach is ruined by the fact there is nothing but disappointment when the sun goes down

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Elizabeth F

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotels is.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

My new husband and I just returned from the holiday inn phi phi and it was incredible. We had a beachfront bungalow and literally walked off of our deck and onto the gorgeous beach. On arrival there was a fruit bowl in our room full of delicious local fruit. Our room was beautiful and clean. No insects to be found which says a lot when you are staying on a tropical island. Every night we walked up to the sunset bar for cocktails and to watch the sunset over the ocean. There are two or three other beachfront resorts within walking distance that we had lunch or dinners at sometimes, but our favorite dinner was right at the holiday inn when we had dinner on the beach and we were given complimentary champagne for our honeymoon. The thing we loved most about this resort was the staff. What helpful, friendly, happy people! Everyone was incredibly accommodating and constantly smiling.
Tip: take a 6 hour long tail boat to the islands. The price is reasonable and worth every penny.
Thank you, Holiday Inn, for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S C

Thank you very much for your feedback and nice to hear that you had wonderful times during your honeymoon trip. We hope to welcome you back at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, the paradise on the earth.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

The location is great, right on the beach and I'd recommend the bungalows in the 100's, as those are steps away from the beach. The extra excursions are also nice - you can take a boat to a nearby port, island or to go snorkelling.

Beyond that, this is not a luxury stay.

The pool is adequate, nothing special, and they don't have any kids club or activities.

Eating is outdoors, which meant mosquitoes at breakfast and dinner. Food was alternately too salty or bland and mass-produced.

Staff meant well but wasn't responsive. Had to ask three times before getting a kids bed set up.

Rooms are tired...curtains aren't blackout blinds so it's semi-light all night. The walls are thin so if you're in an adjoining bungalow, you can easily hear your neighbors. Bathrooms are dated. Worst was when a cockroach skittered out of our suitcase and up my leg.

I wouldn't return or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank C V
Rung-aroon K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

With best regards,

Rung-aroon

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I was in this hotel last year, I spent there a great week, not the first time on Phi Phi Islands, I'll back again. The holiday inn hotel is very nice, not so good as Zeavola but the price is good.
I got lot of informations about Phi Phi Islands on the site Phi Phi Easy Guide. I'm back to Phi Phi this year.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank huggomartini
Rung-aroon K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for your comment and nice to hear that this is your second time to stay with us at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island. I hope that you were enjoy turquoise water and white sandy beach of the Andaman sea.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the resort and see you again next year.

Kind regards,