2,835 results
All reviewssunset baradult poollong tail boatgarden bungalowbeach frontjasmin restaurantsea gypsylaem tong beachbeautiful beachour honeymoonmaya bayhour tripoutdoor showerwhite sandy beachferry ridedeck chairsrelaxing holiday
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Had a wonderful 5 day break - wonderful swimming pools, great island to relax, i took my own snokle and mask and really enjoyed diving off the beach - pleant of tropical fish to swim around - not as much plastic rubbish as in other more built up areas - good food in both the hotel and in little cafe near by - room was large and had all that was required for a great stay. More english books to swop in the libruary would be good. Getting their is a breeze using Andaman Wavemaster - I contacted them and paid by web before I got to Phuket - they are a great transport provider - they picked me up at my hotel in Patong Beach area and landed me at Holiday Inn - excellent service

Room Tip: A grat complex but you may need to walk distances because of the spaciousness of the grounds - I liked that however I know some people do not want to walk far to food or activities
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank teri340
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had pleasant stay with us. I hope to welcome both of you back to the resort, the paradise on the earth.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Exclusive location on the northern side of the island. Approachable like the other resorts by boat only. Has a great beachfront. Staff trained well and helpful. The GM herself took rounds of the property and made sure things were running smooth. Food at the rest. is delicious and the view from the sunset bar is breathtaking. (Buy your own booze/mixers from the mainland as phi phi is expensive in case youintendl drinking loads). Snorkelling eqpt. provided free of cost incl. kayaks for limited period in the evening. would love to visit again. Infinity pool has a great view.

Room Tip: Select the beach front bungalows
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HEMDAWG
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had pleasant stay with us. I also enjoy reading on the hammock and enjoy stunning view, it's real relax. I hope to welcome you back to the resort, the paradise on the earth.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Holiday Inn had a few long tails waiting for the guests to come off of the ferry. There was someone to help everyone so check in was relatively painless. Unfortunately we arrived around 11:30 but could not check in until 1 pm. We stayed in the beachfront coral wing room 503. Rooms 501-504 were right on the beach, but the others were pushed back a little. The first thing I noticed about the room was the bad smell to it. Almost like a sweaty shirt had been sitting in there for a few days. The room had simple décor, but everything you could need- tv, safe, mini frige, couch, king size bed. They provided two water bottles a day. The toilet and indoor shower were in a room that wasn't air conditioned and had openings in the door to the outside. It felt half indoor/half outdoor. The outdoor shower was great. I used it every time. We had a deck with two chairs and an end table. We had great views of sunrise and the beach. You can see Mosquito Island and Bamboo Island from the hotel. Also in the distance you can see Krabi. The Coral wing of the hotel is right in front of a rockier part of the beach (this didn't bother me). The water is very clear and calm which made it great to snorkel right in front of our room. Unfortunately with Laem Tong, the beach has a ton of crushed coral and seashells. You really have to walk into the water carefully. Maybe I'm just use to fine sand, but this bothered me.

The internet is paid unless it is included in your package. They had three computers in the lobby to use, but they always had people using them. The spa was in a hut in front of the beach. It cost me about $30 USD for a 45 minute massage, but I loved it. We signed up for the Ton Sai Bay shopping trip and Mosquito/Bamboo Islands trip at the activities desk. We probably could've gotten a better deal going through the sea gypsy village, but it was convenient having them just charge the room. There is great snorkeling at Mosquito Island so I highly suggest this trip. Unfortunately the seas were too rough to go to Maya Bay.

The restaurant was ok. They had the same menu for lunch and dinner and at both restaurants. I did really enjoy the "seafood" buffet on Friday night. It had a wide selection of meats (not just seafood), salads, sides, and even ice cream. I very much enjoyed the fact that they had ranch dressing mmmm. I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet which had a wide selection of items. There are a couple restaurants to the side of the hotel- Jasmin's and Chilli and Pepper. The menus were limited for me (peanut allergy), but the food was good and cheaper than the hotel restaurant. The owner of Chilli and Pepper was very friendly and gave us a lot of information.

Checkout- we were on a time crunch to make the ferry. Our instructions were to call the front desk to have our luggage picked up, however, they didn't come. It was getting very close to when we would need to board so eventually we just left with our luggage. We checked out, but had to board so I ran down to the breakfast area so grab what I could. The lady working there was very sympathetic and (literally) ran back to get me a to go bag and started stuffing it with food options. It was much appreciated since most of Thailand has a very laid back, slow moving attitude.

I wouldn't pay for the beachfront again, but probably get a second or third row back bungalow or suite. The garden rooms were far from the beach and set in the middle of the jungle (not necessarily in a good way)

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had pleasant stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you have to wait until 1 pm for check in, this is because of high occupancy, we normally check in all guests once they arrives at the resort if room available.

Coral Beach Studio is our highest category and located in Coral Wing, if you would like to experience other room type, I would recommend Coral Sea Vies Studio or Superior Bungalow which is not far from the beach.

I hope to welcome both of you back to the resort, the paradise on the earth.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We took the 2 1/2hr boat ride to the hotel from Phuket. On arrival we had to take a small (long tail) boat to the shore. At first sight, the hotel was beautiful set on a beautiful private beach. We were sat down in a restaurant with cold towels and began the check in process. After that, it went downhill. We were advised that I room would not be ready for several hours. We did try to check in an hour or so early, but there was no air conditioned room to wait in. It was extremely hot!! We wondered around the property for a bit and inquired about tours, trips, etc. The staff at the "water sports" desk were really really rude. I understand there is a language barrier, but there is no need to treat guests so poorly. The staff seemed clueless as to what activities were available and as if they did not want to help us.
We arrived to the room and discovered that our reservation was a rip off. I booked the beachfront Coral King Studio at the highest priced rate. I was expecting a really nice room. It was so simple, nothing special and a huge tree blocked out beach view. The restaurant food is terrible. I suggest that the hotel find a new chef. The bathroom had mold and mildew all over the shower. Our room was so far from everything and there is only one golf cart that roams around the resort and we could never seem to find it.
There were some good things: swings & hammocks on the beach. The Jasmine restaurant next to the property was wonderful.
Overall, please find somewhere else to stay if you are looking for a really nice hotel.
And a side note, visit the main town of Ton Sai, which is only accessible by boat. Really worth it. There is a great restaurant called "Nido" there.

Room Tip: Don't spend too much on a upgraded room, the Sea View rooms were very close to the water and had a much better view than our beach front room. Visit Ton Sai and hang out. Jasmine Restaurant next to hotel property. Don't go during rainy season.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sweetpeaks
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotels is.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2012

If you want a piece of paradise this property is where u need to be.
Super efficient team
Awesome food
Spectacular beech
Splendid rooms and room service
out of the world bar
A charming and a happy property , i stayed here for 3 days begining of June and decided that this is one of the finest beach resorts i have been to. The GM personally takes care of most of the affairs. You will love the food and the friendly staff. The location is fantastic and relaxing.
You need to be at the sunset bar at 6pm for that unforgettable experience.
--Arvind Tahim

Room Tip: obvious choice is ones closest to the beach front
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family