On the quiet side of the island, four nights at this resort left us relaxed, refreshed, and suntanned! When we pulled up, I expected to see Tatoo and Mr. Rork greet us. The beach was amazing. Not crowded, great sand, but maybe a shortage of chairs, so don't forget to sign out a free towel from the activities hut. We saw dozens of species of fish, including a couple of big eels in the coral reefs just off the beach. But the best snorkeling was well worth the 4 hour high speed boat tour sponsored by the resort. I think it was about US$40 per person, included lunch and snorkel gear, and was worth every penny! The food at the resort was decent, but not world-class. The live music at the bar was decent.
Only minor down-sides: no ATM so you are forced to use the resort facilities and tours if you run out of local cash. Or you can take a 40 minute (each way) long-tail boat ride to the main Pier to get cash. I highly recommend the 30 minute walk south to the next resort/village area. It is a paved road (path) with some pretty junky spots along the way, but the little village you come to has some cute shops, bars, and restaurants. Also, do NOT miss the sunset view while enjoying a cocktail at the Sunset Bar, a 5 minute walk up the hill. Get there 45-60 minutes before sunset to get a seat on the hilltop. All-in-all, a very reasonably priced beach resort with excellent service, decent food, and world-class ambiance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Water sports activities, including snorkeling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, IHG, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn