Our travel agent booked this resort for our short stay on Koh Phi Phi. We did not opt for this resort ourselves.
Holiday in Koh Phi Phi is a nice resort on the island.
We booked a transfer from Phuket international airport and at pick-up we were told that the booked transfer was by ferry and we would arrive at 5PM (it was 11 AM at the time). We could opt for a speedboat transfer which would only take an hour to the resort, cost 2200 baht (for 2 people). We opted for the latter.
Check-in went smoothly and we were offered a welcome drink whilst we filled in some paper work. We stayed at the garden view bungalow (number 303), which was more than spacious enough, had a comfortable bed and good shower.
The restaurants in the resort serve great meals, but at a high cost. The breakfast buffet (which was included in our room) was very nice.
On our first day we relaxed on the beach and at the swimming pool. For our second day we booked a longtail boat around the Phi Phi island (6 hours, 2000 baht). The third day we already had to check out (and head to Koh Lanta).
Eating and drinking in the resort is rather expensive (and the cocktails aren’t that good). Getting from the resort to anywhere requires a longtail boat. A one way trip to Tonsai pier costs 1000 baht. We really enjoyed our stay but we wouldn’t have wanted to stay longer than 2 nights due to the limited activities).
The staff is absolutely amazing. They are all very friendly and helpful. They’ll do anything to make you feel at ease. I would like to thank them all again for their hospitality.
All by all I would certainly recommend this resort to anyone exploring Koh Phi Phi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee-krab! Welcome to Paradise. Where else in the world can you walk from your bungalow straight on to a magnificent white sandy beach with coral reefs teeming with marine life? The resort is fully accessible from Phuket or Krabi. Guests from all over the world escape to Phi Phi to experience the tropical haven of Laem Tong Beach national park where Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island is situated. Tonsai Bay, the island's main township, can be reached within 35 minutes by long tail boat offering more than 100 shops, restaurants, bars and the fascinating sea view point. Water sports activities, including snorkeling, diving, canoeing, fishing and long-tail boat charters are available. For your convenience, contact the reservations team to assist you with your transfer bookings by speed boat or ferry from either Phuket or Krabi. To ensure a warm & efficient welcome, please provide us with your arrival and departure details ie. flight number and hotel or transfer details before and after your stay. Thank you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, IHG, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island Hotel Ko Phi Phi Don
- Holiday Inn Phi Island
- Phi Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ko Phi Phi Don
- Ko Phi Phi Don Holiday Inn