“Nice to relax”

Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Rooms are little houses a lot of space. Sets on an island with only 3 resorts. No nightlife no place to walk around. Only get in and Out by boat. Sadly has almost no entertainment at night, only a girl and a disse sing and play guitar ultil 11pm (very good by the way) só if you r looking for tour, eat, sleep and repeat its perfect.
Ps: food its not that good but you wont starve

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Nawarat C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Ana,

Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. So we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Front office Manager

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

It was one of our memorable holidays - everything about it was very nice - location is excellent- beautiful marine life at your door step - hotel is run down but they upgraded us to coral view which was nice - 1/2 hour walk will take you to the gypsy village which has good food options.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Stephane D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear vishal a,

Thank you very much for a very nice review about our resort.
We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us which made it memorable holidays for you.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

The location was perfect ideal beach , really nice staff especially the lady manager of the restaurant , the room looked old , really clean though , the room had a bad smell , location made it up for the room , had to pay for the transportation from the harbor really stupid on my behalf show be in the hotels utilities

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear mikigeorge,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn PHI PHI ISLAND.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Everyone was very nice and it was a relaxing, quiet place to spend a few days. It's a bit isolated (but that can be good thing) and it's easy to get a boat into town (about a 100 Baht water taxi by longtail boat, which makes for a fun trip back and forth for a coupe of dollars). Very peaceful place to relax and the staff was very welcoming. Also there are separate pools for adults only and for kids so it's good for families as well as solo/couple travelers without kids.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Stephane D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear tippiwolf,
Thank you very much for taking time sharing your good experiences. Your nice comment will be shared with my team and will keep up the great work to make our best for our valued guest. Wish you will miss our beautiful resort and island also we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Warm regards,
Stephane Duvacher | General Manager

Reviewed 27 September 2017

The resort was great, but like other reviews have already mentioned, it's isolating from the main port so you must take an expensive "taxi" (longtailed boat) rides to travel off the resort if you want more "energy" for a lively scene. However, for me, that was not an issue because I just wanted to chill out and take a break from a lot of sightseeing and relax on a beach. However, one day I walked down the beach (turn left leaving resort beach) and found locals waiting to take tourist to Bamboo Island. The resort upcharges the fee so hire a local. I paid 800 Baht for my own long tailed boat ride to Bamboo Island (right off the resort and within sight of Holiday Inn). The entire Bamboo Island tour was 2 hours, and it's about 20 minutes to Bamboo Island. It was plenty of time because there's not much there except hoards of tourist yet there are some friendly fish at the beach. Thankfully, I went late in the day, so I got a break from the Chinese tourist after they all left at 4:30 pm on their speedboats (but it's a National Park 400 Baht and closes around 5 pm). It takes time to get to the Holiday Inn resort, 3 hours by ferry from Rassada Port. However, the ferry ride is scenic and absolutely gorgeous on the way back. The ferry took us by the famous rocky cliff islands and I took a zillion pictures from the ferry on the way back (not going there). I felt like I was getting a free tour as we cruised by Viking Cave.

I would recommend Holiday Inn but there are some things to know about the resort.
I suppose it depends were you stay on the resort, but the majority of rooms are under trees and while it's shady, it makes the rooms dark because the décor is dark (dark wooden trim and dark wood floors). The room is still dim at night because the room lights are not that bright, and there's no overhead light in the room (lamps). They still use old fashion regular door knob keys probably because it seems the electric on this island might have outages occasionally. The electric flickered a few times, and there is one emergency flashlight in the room. There are warning notices not to leave food in room or it'll attract ants (although I only saw one tiny scout ant) and another notice which in my words just meant don't freak out about the geckos. I saw one on the outside of my window. Remember, this is a tropical island.

The food is just so-so and expensive by Thail standards and normal by Western price standards. There are other beach restaurants just within a 1 minute walk on the beach going north. I decided the resort looked cleaner, but I did try one beach restaurant during lunch time, but a safe dish like fried rice. They have two restaurants right in the same area, but one actually had the tables in the sand on the beach, and that's wonderful to dine at and hear and see the water so close to your dinner table.

The spa is excellent and you'll pay triple the price than what you pay on the mainland, but the environment is much better in this spa. It's a professional facility with clean rooms and lovely relaxing spa music. After the massage, they provide hot tea to sip in the lobby. I received the relaxing holiday massage, and it was so wonderful, I went back again the next evening.
It was not the busy season when I went so it was easy to get a hammock hanging from the trees (or in morning, hanging in the water too!) along the beach. You have to keep walking and they are scattered along the beach.

One thing to be aware of is that the long tailed boats are really LOUD, and this resort sits at the Laem Tong port where all the boats come and go from the area. Also, right in front of the Holiday Inn is the place where the snorkel tours go, so you'll see several boats in the water as tourist snorkel a few yards into the deeper waters in front of resort. This did not distract from my enjoyment and actually added some interest as I sat in the hammock watching the coming and goings of the boats, but just be aware, long tail boats are noisy. They tend to settle down in the evenings and it's peaceful.

One more thing about the resort is that they will deliver your luggage from the boat to your hotel room. You will ride the ferry to Laem Tong Beach. It'll anchor in the water, and a long tail boat from the hotel will pick up you and transfer you and the luggage (separate boat) to the sandy beach. You will not arrive via land so be prepared to walk on the sand (don't wear your high heels).

Stayed: September 2017
5  Thank MarchingAnts
Management response:Responded 27 September 2017

Dear MarchingAnts,

We thank you for sharing your experience.

I appreciate that you have enjoyed your stay with us in overall.

I am very grateful for the feedback provided as this gives us the opportunity of improving our services. And I have shared your comments with our team members to continue motivated in delivering high standards of service.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback and look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to our resort.

Front office Manager

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed only 2 nights here at the end of our stay in Thailand. We were welcomed warmly by the staff here & as we have come to see , find the Thai people to be gentle, friendly & gracious people.
The hotel bungalows are looking a bit tired & old inside but still very comfortable & clean. We sat & watched the sunset in their new restaurant/ bar & adults only pool area. It was superb. The Thai meal was delicious . There seems to be newer accomodation up the hill (where the new Sunset Bar & Restaurant are) & more building going on. The beach is quiet, clean & well resourced with equipment to enjoy the beautiful warm water.
We would recommend staying at this hotel, especially if the busy & crowded Tonsai Bay area us not your scene!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather B
Management response:Responded 14 September 2017

Dear Heather,

We thank you for sharing your experience.

I appreciate that you have enjoyed your stay with us in overall.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Our travel agent booked this resort for our short stay on Koh Phi Phi. We did not opt for this resort ourselves.

Holiday in Koh Phi Phi is a nice resort on the island.

We booked a transfer from Phuket international airport and at pick-up we were told that the booked transfer was by ferry and we would arrive at 5PM (it was 11 AM at the time). We could opt for a speedboat transfer which would only take an hour to the resort, cost 2200 baht (for 2 people). We opted for the latter.

Check-in went smoothly and we were offered a welcome drink whilst we filled in some paper work. We stayed at the garden view bungalow (number 303), which was more than spacious enough, had a comfortable bed and good shower.

The restaurants in the resort serve great meals, but at a high cost. The breakfast buffet (which was included in our room) was very nice.

On our first day we relaxed on the beach and at the swimming pool. For our second day we booked a longtail boat around the Phi Phi island (6 hours, 2000 baht). The third day we already had to check out (and head to Koh Lanta).

Eating and drinking in the resort is rather expensive (and the cocktails aren’t that good). Getting from the resort to anywhere requires a longtail boat. A one way trip to Tonsai pier costs 1000 baht. We really enjoyed our stay but we wouldn’t have wanted to stay longer than 2 nights due to the limited activities).

The staff is absolutely amazing. They are all very friendly and helpful. They’ll do anything to make you feel at ease. I would like to thank them all again for their hospitality.

All by all I would certainly recommend this resort to anyone exploring Koh Phi Phi.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeutie
Stephane D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Jeutie. Thank you for taking time sharing your good experiences. Your nice comment will be shared with my team, these will make us proud of what we are doing here and will keep up the great work to make our best for our valued guest. Wish you will miss our beautiful resort and island also we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Warm regards, Stephane Duvacher | General Manager