“What’s not to like!”

Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We have just left this hotel after an 8 night stay in a beach front bungalow and apart from a delay at check in we had a wonderful time. After reading some bad reviews we were well impressed with the resort. Yes it may be a bit dated in areas but was always clean. The staff were so friendly and helpful in all departments. We stayed here for a family wedding which was amazing, even rearranging times to miss a upcoming storm.
The water was crystal clear and there were plenty of beds both on the beach and at the pools. We would definitely come back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank luvit59
Nawarat C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Luvit,

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,695)

Reviewed 5 November 2017

The water was pristine and clean. Got a villa right near the beach and spend entire day puddling there. A Very very pleasing stay would remember the view for my life.

The beach gets deeper in the morning/afternoon but in the evening it is very shallow and you can easily walk across water, put your head down and enjoy looking at the corals up and close. (Blessing for someone like me who is not a great swimmer).

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mohi13,

We thank you for sharing your experience.

I appreciate that you have enjoyed your stay with us in overall.

I am very grateful for the feedback provided as this gives us the opportunity of improving our services. And I have shared your comments with our team members to continue motivated in delivering high standards of service.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback and look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to our resort.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I was really looking forward to a 5-day stay at this luxury resort hotel and there are many positive aspects to it. Starting with the very 007-esque arrival via speedboat from Phuket, the friendly and very helpful staff, the nice breakfast buffet, the stunning location, the isolation, the great beach .. all these were as expected. What disappointed me was the room/bungalow. I traveled on a combination of paying for room, and cashing in IHG points. I'm a 10-year Platinum member but there was no upgrade because resort was full (didn't seem that full to me) and we were given a rather run-down, dated room which looked like it was +10 years old, which it was. What was annoying was that around us were refurbished rooms with new windows/doors etc. and our disappointment was that we didn't get one of these. So my strong tip to travelers when checking in is to ask for a refurbished room and don't be so easily off-put if you're entitled to a room upgrade as I was.

As to things to do, its about a 1.5km walk along a nice raised pathway to the nearest town which, when you cross the bridge, you'll find Thai massages for 300 Bhat, much more reasonable than at the resort, and a nice outing if you're looking for a walk.

Finally, as an aside, I hate to see people rate this hotel lowly because it is isolated and has nothing else around the hotel -- that's the point of the hotel so read the reviews, know to expect quietness and serenity and when you find its not in a busy city then don't diss it for not being more lively.

Stayed: November 2017

Dear Alan,

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

This is a property that has so much potential but I would say it’s badly managed. When you arrive the views are stunning. But then you go through a thoroughly confusing and disorganized check in process. The rooms are pretty dated but really offer great views and comfort. If you are in for luxury this is not the property for you, but if you look for nice accommodation in an amazing scenery this will be great. The main restaurant offers so so service at breakfast and after that I decided to explore other food options for dinner. There is a great bar on the property ,Mong Thalay, staff was doing an amazing job , not even closely related to the lack of attention I’ve experienced at the reception or the main restaurant.

This mix of amazingly good and amazingly bad service is very annoying and truly a sign of bad bad management .... in my opinion anyway

As far as the location the property is located pretty far from the main group of hotels on the island. There are plenty of boats to travel around the island if you want to. If you want piece and quiet this holiday inn property is great. If you are looking for more action at night I would suggest choosing some other property in the main harbour of the island

Overall a mix review, but overall I enjoyed my stay as it’s pretty hard to have a bad time with such nice scenery around.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Nawarat C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Traveler2009,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay.

We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We booked the beach front view room at Holiday Inn Resort from 15th to 17th October. The experience was not worth the money.

Firstly, they charged 3000 Baht round trip per person which included
- taxi transfer from Krabi Airport to Krabi pier of 20 minutes duration
- ‎boat transfer from Krabi pier to ko phi phi pier of 2 hours duration
- long tail boat transfer from ko phi phi pier to Holiday Inn resort of 45 minutes duration

However, if you take a separate ticket the taxi will charge you around 250 Baht, boat will charge you 450 Baht and long tail boat will charge you another 250 Baht. This sums up to 950 Baht per person one way and max. 2000 Baht per person. So the hotel will take you from the same facility with no extra or special provisions at a commission of 1000 Baht per person which is ridiculous. The surprising element here was that Holiday Inn was callous about booking transport options of appropriate quality. The journey back from Phi Phi pier to Krabi pier was booked in one of the worst boats with no leg room and broken seats. This is something I expect when I pay a hefty commission to a 4 star rated resort.

Also, the rooms are not at all luxurious but rather basic.

The recreation room has almost nothing to offer in terms of board games or books.

Their spa has limited capacity as it remains booked almost all the time if you don't book one day in advance.

Food is good in taste but has limited options. The buffet is exactly the same everyday so if you don't have any plans to move around, then you end up with the same breakfast options.

Overall, ko phi phi is a beautiful island but Holiday Inn doesn't add much value to the experience. Hope the resort mends its ways to offer a value commensurate with its charges.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Akshika B
Nawarat C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Akshika B,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay.

I am sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay and that you felt disappointed about the service received.

I am surprised to read that you were not provided the correct information about transpiration, as all our Guest Service Agents speak English and are trained on the services available.

We also provide a welcome letter in all languages with the details of all the ferry companies. I will brief my team member to ensure all our guests receive the correct information and same welcome.

Regarding to the variety of breakfast. I have shared your comments with our Director of food and beverage and our Executive Chef.

Our rooms are currently undergoing soft renovations, like the re-tiling of the bathrooms. Decorations and flooring will be done thru 2016. Nevertheless, if for your next stay you prefer a more contemporary design in the room, I would recommend you to choose our newest Sunset Wing

I truly hope that you will be able to return to our hotel and I notice the changes mentioned. In the meantime, if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Easy getting there from Phuket via speed boat transfer.
The rooms, service and pool were good with the exception of the availability of pool towels and the staff trying to direct you towards the organised fun.
The food in the restaurant was average and over priced. We decided to have our meals on the beach and the food was very good.
The location is not great if you are looking for some activity and the transfer by long boat is around 1,000 BHT.

The view and the sea are amazing and the location is what I would call paradise- blue water and white sand.

Snorkelling off the beach is not great, but we took a long boat and visited other beaches including the one with monkeys, which was the best experience in the Area. Our highlight would have been swimming with the sharks, but we missed them on 3 occasions.
If we went back, we would stay in a cheaper hotel near the Long Beach for the activities and the proximity to the main village.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Veverita_calatoare
Husdinth S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear Veverita_calatoare,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn PHI PHI ISLAND.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience.We have also share your comment with the management team as well. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I got married here earlier this month and the day was incredible!
Organising a wedding in a different country has the potential to be incredibly stressful - but Nawart the wedding planner made everything so stress-free and easy.
On the day, the set up was absolutely beautiful & so similar to the mood board she had sent me the previous months. The whole staff couldn't have been more helpfull (even making some separate meals for the Groom), and they always made sure people had a drink in their hand.
If Thailand holds a special place in your heart like it does for us - I cannot recommend this hotel enough for your wedding.

It really was the most perfect day!
(haven't received the photographs yet hence why there's non posted with the review)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank AmyLou H
Nawarat C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Amy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to upload your review and comments like the one you have provided give our team continue motivated in delivering high standards of service.

I will send you the photos as soon as I receive it from our photographer.

We hope you will be back to our resort again soon