All reviewssawasdee restaurantlaem tong beachlong tail boatmain islandfacing the seasuperior bungalowquiet sidewelcome drinkmaya baypeace and quietboat ridenice beachtonsaiboatsparadisephuketresort
Reviewed April 25, 2016

My boyfriend and I traveled to Koh Phi Phi with another couple and stayed in one of their bungalows for two nights. We had adjoining rooms which were nicely appointed although they can definitely stand an upgrade at least in the bathroom area, but it was not too bad.

One of my favorite parts of the trip were the massages by the beach - yes they are open air and anyone passing by will see you but believe me, once those ladies start working on you - you will quickly forget about your surroundings. I get monthly massages and never had I had a massage that was that wonderful and cheap! I wish we would have stayed longer just to take advantage of them.

During our stay we also booked a private long-tail boat from the hotel concierge and spent the whole day exploring the surrounding islands including Mosquito Island, Monkey Island, Maya Bar (Koh Phi Phi Lee) and other coves and bays.

We did not use the main pool by the lobby, however we did use the pool towards the back of the resort which has a little pool bar connected to it. It seemed like not a lot of people knew about it since we were the only ones up there the afternoon we decided to take a dip after exploring the surrounding islands all day. The drinks were great and very reasonably priced. We also shared a pizza which was delicious!

Towards the back of the resort, we were able to watch the sunset from the pier as the tide came in - it was quite peaceful and beautiful and the colors were magnificent.

There is a breakfast buffet near the pool and lobby which offers a good assortment of breakfast options to suit all tastes including omelettes, cereals, breads, cheeses and hot dishes as well. Next to that there is also another restaurant with both outdoor beach seating and indoor seating. The first night we got there it rained so we sat inside, the food was good and service was on point (as far as I can recall) - unfortunately I had a case of coral rash from a previous beach adventure in Ao Nang and was falling asleep due to the benadryl I had taken (lol). The second night and final night on Koh Phi Phi Don the weather held up and we were able to enjoy dinner alfresco at the waters edge which brings me to the reason as to why the PP Erawan Palms will forever hold a special part in my heart. This was were my fiance and I got engaged.

After a delicious dinner at the waters edge (which my fiance had coordinated) we took a stroll along the beach and there under the moonlit sky he bent down on one knee and proposed!

It was an incredible day and night and it couldn't have been made possible without the assistance of the staff and PP Erawan. I can only hope we can come back and celebrate our anniversary with our future children one day.

Room Tip: Book a bungalow - it's worth it, better access to the facilities.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChristineB86
Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

Pleasant 2 night stay at Erawan Palms Resort, stunning location on Laemtong beach, with amazing views.

We decided to get away from the madness and beach parties of Phi Phi town, the Erawan Palms was exactly what we wanted peace and tranquility in iddilic setting.

Sadly, whilst the location is amazing and the staff really friendly, the hotel is dated and in urgent need of an upgrade. I wouldn't stay again, as the place is so run down, I'm only rating average because of the stunning location.

I would come back to Laemtong but I would stay next door at the Holiday Inn, which is superior in every way.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2016

My wife and I stayed here for two days and we were really disappointed by the quality of this hotel and the staff who were not very friendly (besides the restaurant staff who were a pleasure). We were fooled by all the nice reviews on tripadvisor and the 3.5/5 rating of this hotel, the hotel should be rated 1 or max 2 out of 5. We would not recommend staying here or at the very least book this hotel with eyes open knowing you will be staying in a hotel which appears to not have had a single stitch of maintenance in 10 years or more. Everything in our room from the bed cover and linen, to the walls, to the furniture has stains on them... (not to mention the rusting kettle!). Please look at the pictures, they really don't do justice to how bad the room is as unfortunately the stains and marks can only be photo'd individually but when you're in a room filled with this sort of thing it really is scary!

We arrived and just on entering the reception area we could tell that our stay here was not going to be pleasant. We had booked a standard room and after seeing it we immediately upgraded to a deluxe bungalow (the best room the hotel has to offer) and we were still not happy. The deluxe bungalow is just a bigger version of the standard rooms - all the rooms are in need of lots of maintenance. Please look at our pictures of the "pond" - it is actually a massive hole in the ground in front of the standard rooms with shallow green, mosquito infested water, with rubbish in it...

One has to two take two ferries from Krabi to arrive on this section Phi Phi and when we arrived we were tired and so simply settled and upgraded our room. If we had known that about 50 meters to the left of the hotel (if you face the hotel from the beach) there is a Hoilday Inn which is really great we would simply have forfeited what we paid to book at Erawan and booked into the Holiday Inn.

All that being said, this stretch of Phi Phi is really beautiful and cannot be faulted it really is sad that hotels like Erawan are fooling people into thinking they are getting a 3 star hotel when really what you're getting is far below substandard hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mish299
Reviewed April 10, 2016 via mobile

Bleh. First let me start with the easy part. It's situated at the north part of the island on a stretch of beach that consists of about 4 hotels. It's a cool vibe at night where everyone walks on the beach and pops into the different beachside shacky type restaurants, a little cheesy for me but oh well. If you want to party don't go to this part of the island, stay around tonsai. Actually
If you don't want to party probably just don't go to this island, it's sort of a hassle to get to and really not that chill. I was expecting a very relaxing time at phi phi but it wasn't. Lots of water traffic with boats, people, bleh didn't love it. The landscape and area is beatific of course but even the minor tourism kind of ruined that. A visit to maya beach is just overrun with tourists. I was just trying to look around an picture everything as if no one was around. Naturally, it is beautiful.

Anyway back to the hotel. This place annoyed me. Kinda pricey and the place is falling apart. Needs a serious facelift. I developed a theory about this place as I stayed there. I believe the architect or engineer or the whoever designed it was at fault. They tried to impose this idea of a resort to this very element heavy island. The island with its sea wind and heat and rain is destroying it and easily. There was what seemed little attempt to design with the surrounding as opposed to forcing an idea of a resort to such a place. For example... Our shower. Pretty gross. You know what, forget an indoor shower in such a place, integrate with nature and design an outdoor shower instead with each room. Little things like that can go a long way. I mean the place just annoyed me. Staff was all nice except for just one who was borderline rude. I just had to cater more to her personality and just spoke more directly with her which she seemed to respect more.

Anyway... Just stay at holiday in next door seemed nicer. I just didn't look into it because I really didn't want to stay at a holiday inn all the way in Thailand I mean come on. But yes , it was nicer .

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed April 10, 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights during our trip around Thailand. To be honest when we first arrived I was a little disheartened maybe I expected a bit more but after a day or so settling in I realised we had chose a good place. What people need to understand is phi phi is a very small island (no roads) so what you do get is pretty good.

The hotel is located on laemtong beach which is away from busy tonsai, if you want to stay where all the hustle and bustle is then I wouldn't recommend staying here. After a trip to tonsai you realise why you picked a hotel on laemtong bay they are so much better, most of tonsai hotels are hostels.

Although away from the main part, the hotel offers daily boat services 4 times a day for 200 baht per person each definitely the cheapest option.

We stayed in the standard room, which was fine and clean.

We ate at sawasdee restaurant a lot, the food was great, yes more expensive than the rest of Thailand but this is expected being on a remote island.

The pool is very small but the beach was just beautiful, and very relaxing definitely the best part about this hotel!

I would stay here again, but if you want to stay at the best hotel on laemtong beach I think this would be the hotel next door - holiday inn.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple