1,377 results
All reviews great pool pool staff pool side party island sun loungers maya bay beautiful beach ko viewpoint
Reviewed April 24, 2018

I just left the hotel after a two-night stay. I just couldn’t wait to write this review.

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed, considering it is not cheap, considering the overall standard price in Thailand. Staff overall were nice, however, it’s not well maintained. There was no bath towels prepared in room. Washroom was dirty and all appliances (shower head, faucets) were all rusting badly.
Shower door was broken, and could not close during shower.
There was only Wifi in public area, even so, the connection was so bad, I would need to re-connect every 2 minutes.
I went to my first breakfast in the morning. Selections of food was actually not bad, and there was plenty of staff working, one family’s child spilled something on the floor, staff looked at it, and didn’t do anything, and continued chatting. The second breakfast I went close to the finish time (10am). While there were about 4 tables of hotel guests still enjoying their breakfast, right at 10am, the staff were eager to start packing the food and the egg station away. There was no concern what so ever, whether they might want more.
During check out, they would try to bill me two orange juice (60baht x 2) that I never consumed ( I only opened the fridge once on my last night of my stay to put my beer in it ). That just totally added fuel to the fire.
Cabana hotel is huge, it consists two building and a big pool by the pier, however it’s so not well maintained. It seems like the occupancy there during my stay would be less than 30%.
In my own opinion, instead of having the Bluetooth Keyless entry (which I only see handful of hotels have that) upgrade, they should invest their money in re-training their team on customer experience. Close one side of the building, and focus on upgrading all rooms in one building, instead of having the hotel guests scattered around, in this seems like a ghost hotel.

I would never want to come back to this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank stan c
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here 6 years ago and decided to stay here once again for this trip. This place has gone way down hill. This hotel has had no care or money put in to it for a long long time.
The room prices are not cheap and the hotel is quite frankly awful. Doors falling off, rooms smell, no baths, no hot water, poor food. At the pool the tiles are coming up everywhere, it’s an accident waiting to happen.
It almost feels like the hotel has been abandoned.
It’s a big shame this hotel has not been looked after as it has the best location of all hotels.
If you have kids the pool size is the one saving grace.
Don’t stay here as it’s not worth the money at all.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank simon d
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

I was told by a local that this was one of the first hotels built on Phi Phi island. The staff were all friendly and had no issues. We loved it here.
If I was being picky... I’d say it is over due a bit of a refurb. But that’s being picky!
Overall it’s a nice hotel and would recommend this place to others.
It is just a short walk from the harbour and the nightlife isn’t too far away either.
We got our monies worth at this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2018

This hotel was better than expected based on some of the reviews. It is an older hotel, but as a four star facility it was adequate. Location, location, location...located close enough to everything, but far enough away from the loud beach bars. The included breakfast was plentiful with lots of options, and delicious. The pool was the biggest and best pool on the island. Unfortunately it closed too early at 7pm. The views of the Bay from the pool were spectacular with easy beach access, and access to local water taxi and tour guides. The rooms were adequate, although the bathrooms could use upgrading but everything worked. The air conditioning was cold. The grounds and facilities were clean and maintained. I have already recommended this hotel to family members who are travelling to Thailand.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms gives you a view of the pool and the lagoon
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Firstly, I made an account for TripAdvisor just so that I could warn innocent people not to waste their money here.
Where do I begin?
This place needs a COMPLETE renovation,
It looks, feels and smells like a hospital/prison.
Seriously the photos do so much justice for this place it’s actually a joke.
Want a decent night sleep on this beautiful island?
That’s a shame you won’t get it here.
The beds mattress is so bad I wouldn’t offer it to my worst enemy.
Also you won’t sleep anyway because you have a freaking beach party playing music so loud that the screams of teenagers will wake you up.

THE BATHROOM OH MY LORD,
I showered with shoes on.
Disgusting.
I felt like everything in this room is honestly the dirtiest place I have ever slept.

This is an honest review,
I have no idea what everyone loves about this place.
I would never return here even if it was free.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple