All reviewshappily stay here againmin walkthe room was niceparty scenewi fistayed here for nightstvpierislandhairdryer
Reviewed February 12, 2018

I stayed here for new years 2018 and it was a decent stay. You can walk from the ferry and the rooms are clean and location is good. Breakfast was disappointing and the shower was open and connected with the toilet. However, if you are on a budget it is a good deal. No swimming pool but you got the ocean. No frills but just a good place to rest your head. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights. The bed was hard but same thing is in many places in Thailand. It was quiet during the night but at 7am it was just so much voice comming from the kitchen that u would be awaken. For us it didint matter caz we wake up earley. The breakfast was worst I have ever had in Thailand. There was cold half made aggs and watermelon with bread tee and coffee. The thing is that if u wanna have a breakfast somewhere Else u have to walked 20min to get anywhere so it was way too far away from everything! Not going back again

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights, it's in a nice area of the island away from the central business which is good. The price for the room was actually not much more than paying for a hostel bed which is good. We did stay in another hotel on the island for a little bit cheaper but Chong Khao was far nicer! About a 2 minute walk to the beach (on either side of the island). It's located very close to a dive shop on the beach aswel which was very good for us. The staff were all friendly and the room was big, had a safe and a TV, also free water, tea and coffee. Our room was cleaned while we were out on the second day even though we did not hang the 'please make up my room' sign out which was a nice little surprise. They have some toiletries in the bathroom for you to use. We also left our safe open with money, electronics etc inside so the staff are clearly very trustworthy! Thankyou :)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2017

Not talking about the tackiness of the hotel as it is a budget stay; but special mention to the faecal smell that comes from outside the room, every now and then. Coming to the hotel staff, everyone except the manager (he might be the owner of the place, I am not sure) were very friendly and halepful. Now this man, the manager doesnt know how yo display the minimum courtesy when talking to people. The electrical kettle placed in our room was so dirty and had white casts all inside it. While coming back from a beach visit, I entered the reception to ask the manager to get it replaced. He was there lying comfortably on a couch in the reception. I went upto him and this man dint even budge, leave having the basic courtesy to atleast get up or sit down. He was lying there in front of me ( a female) thinking for 5 minutes what he should do about the kettle, while I waited uncomfortably. After 5 minutes he told me he will replace it; I asked him to send someone to my room so that I can give it to him to which the manager replied rudely, “No, I will replace it if you bring it here”! Well, so much for hospitality.
Would never recommend this hotel to anyone. No cleaning of rooms even after asking twice! Such a waste of money!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Nis331
Reviewed September 17, 2017

This hotel was a pretty good price and not too long of a walk from other places. It was just a normal room, nothing stood out about the place much besides the price. Since you don't spend much time in your room anyways it was no big deal. Also it was far enough away from the party beach that you barely heard music late into the night which was a plus.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
meena k, Manager at Chong Khao Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

Thank you for choosing us We are appreciated that you have left the review So we will try to work hard to keep our better service Regards