“beautiful”

Phi Phi Villa Resort
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We moved from possibly the worst hotel in thailand (phi phi don chukit) to this hotel - and in comparison it was a haven.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful.
The hotel pool looked over the sea- the bungalows were really nicely decorated with a large bathroom.

This hotel was lovely, 5 mins walk from restuarants and shops , however quite pricey for thailand we payed about £50 for one night in the low season!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
phiphivillaresort, General Manager at Phi Phi Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2010

Thank you. Hope to see you again in the future

There are newer reviews for Phi Phi Villa Resort

Reviewed 15 July 2010

We booked this place because the facilities looked nice and the location seemed to be perfect (which was the only positive thing) and because they had a special rate for this season. However, when we got there the air conditioning was not working properly at our room and we went to the reception to complain (there is no phone in the room to call the reception... you have to walk to the reception). They said that the air conditioning was working fine... we showed them that the TV was not working either and they sent the technician to fix it. When he couldn't fix it we called the manager (a very angry woman) and she said that we agreed on their policies when we checked in and those policies are that "if you don't like your room your should say it right away, otherwise they will not do anything". Well our complaint was made 20 minutes later after our arrival and she wanted to apply that policy. At the end, after saying that we were entitled to have good AC and TV because that was what they offered in the website, they agreed to change us the room. But, in the new room the hot water mechanism wasn't working properly... and to make the story short, everyday we had to call the technician to turn it on for us before we took a shower. They didn't bother to fully repair it.
Other comments: No friendly receptionist people, they make you think they understand but they DON'T understand a word you are saying. No way to contact them in the middle of an emergency and not so good breakfast. The only good thing about this hotel is the swimming pool and the location in front of the beach... otherwise... terrible service.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
phiphivillaresort, General Manager at Phi Phi Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2010

Its our normal practice to send a maintenance guy to look at any issue, 9 times out of 10 its just amatter of showing how things work, so its not that you weren't believed.

And yes with regards to applying policy this is very Thai style and as part of general improvements we are working on training our front of house staff to learn a more western approach. We are sorry about your experience, especially as most people that come to the resort stay extra days because 'they say 'its like home from home' - but in the end its comments like this which help us to improve more.

Reviewed 6 May 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in february 2010.

Pros
The swimming pool is lovely
Very close to the beach
Reasonable choice for breakfast

Cons
Rudest receptionist ( i dont remember her name) that i've ever met!!! Did not smile once during check-in / or out and threw our room key on the desk!!!!
In fact non of the staff seemed to smile at this resort.

We paid around 70$ for a deluxe room. From the outside all seemed fine, but once inside : ( bright pink and green walls, a hole in the wardrobe, dirty fridge, manky bathroom.

For the price charged you can find much better on the island and service with a smile.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2010

Having travelled to Phi Phi 4 times in the past 10 years, I was somewhat shocked with the hotel and the overall management ability to deal with simple tasks.

The hotel is classed as a 4 star; personally it should only be 2 Stars.

Room 114 (luxury deluxe villa)
Damaged walls
Mixer shower did not work correctly – we had to siphon the hot water from the tap to get a warm shower!
Rusty shower and tape fixing
Broken floor and wall tiles
Air conditioning frame was broken and falling off the wall
No hair dryer
Broken steps to access the balcony, which is hazardous at night
Dirty towels with stains
No pool towels, they only have a few to issue people
Dark and dingy room, inadequate lighting
Breakfast consisted of a poor selection of food
Rude management staff, with the inability to deal with complaints

The rooms are nothing like the photos on the website; pink walls and green floor tiles....

On a positive note: The bar and restaurant on the beach has amazing views and a great fire show every evening.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank timmymark
phiphivillaresort, e-marketing at Phi Phi Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2010

The Resort is a 2 star not 4, prices generally on Phi Phi are higher than the mainland and not a guide to star rating.
The photos on our website are all real but what may have happened is that you looked at the interiors of the newly refurbished Deluxe Rooms & Deluxe Bungalows and not for the Villa you stayed in - our website shows 4 pictures of each room type. We are currently refurbishing the bathrooms in our Luxury Villas.
Phi Phi has experienced severe water shortages during this season and some businesses have been without water completely - this is something Phi Phi is working on.

Reviewed 22 March 2010

I booked into this hotel when we arrived in Phi Phi as the location looked very nice. We checked into the hotel for 1 night at a cost of 3500 Thai Baht (more expensive than a lot of the surrounding hotels) but the pool looked good and it was close to the beach. The following morning we checked out as we wanted to move to another location. We cleared up all our belongings and checked out with the reception. When I arrived at the next hotel about 20 minutes later, I realised that I had left my iPhone in the room so I walked back up to the hotel reception. I asked to get into the room where they told me that the room was currently being cleaned. I hurried to the room having heard stories from other travellers in SE Asia about staff stealing from the room. When I arrived there, I asked the 3 cleaners for a phone where they said there was no phone. They looked very suspicious but spoke in broken english saying they did not find a phone. One of the cleaners then tried to hide a pile of towels so I went over, picked it up only to find my iPhone inside it! They started to babble in Thai to me but it was obvious that they tried to steal it. The staff at reception were also no help and told me that I must have left the phone there...... Strange as these were the new towels for the room! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and am just glad that I got away with my phone.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lorenzomcc
Reviewed 21 March 2010

we stayed here and the rooms are not what they look like on the internet, we actually downgraded to get a better room. the manager suggested we get a refund and when we came to check out, he was no where to be found. The duty manager HID from us, when we asked him to get the manager. These guys are [--] and it was clear they had no intention of paying us back. This is the first timei have ever written on one of these websites but i just feel people need to know not to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beks0000
Reviewed 26 February 2010

A beautiful resort with very beautiful swimming pool at a good beach but forget about the management. One receptionist with very good english only does the night shift. At the day (the most important part of the day) there is not one receptionist with good english. The “Manager” has beautiful words when you check in and wants you to decide as soon as possible how many days you will stay. You have to pay everything in advantage. As soon as he has received your payment he forgets about you. He promised us a fan in our room at the first day (we don’t like AC) but 3 days after we still didn’t have our fan. The fourth day I had to lose my temper in his office completely and then the fan was there very soon. On the website (Tab: Facillities) it says: “Unlimited Wifi in the reception area @ 300 Thb for your entire stay. Internet room equipped with new laptops @ 2 Thb per minute”. In the information map in the room it says: “300 bht for 24 hours in the resort area”. I think they mean the TOT network (wifi company) but there are prepaid cards from TOT for 150 bht for 300 minutes. Where to buy ? In the resort, but the cards were done, they told me. After several days there were still no new cards available. Two boats per day from the main land so I think new cards can be there in less than 1 day. I think they rather want to sell their own wifi. If you come to the reception for further information you will hear that you can buy user name and password for 100 bht/50 minutes but not 300 baht for your whole stay and also not 300 bht for 24 hours but for. This STINKS! Don’t you think so? After a lot of talking with this manager (at the reception with new guest waiting), he promised me to give me wifi during my whole stay for 300 baht. I think he knows damned well what’s written on their website but he is just hoping that nobody will read it. The information map in the room is full of very bad english and full of threads: If you don’t do this then …….. bla bla bla, etc, etc. The punishment is always money, money, money. There is no complimentary daily water in the rooms. The fridge is full of their drinks and you are not allowed to put your own drinks in the fridge. If you do, they will charge you TEN times the value. I thought that the fridge is there for the convenience of the guest and not for the resort to force guests to buy their drinks. The bathroom is hugh but nothing beautifukl about it. Boring !!! Then there is the smell (like a sewer) that comes up from the water drain. Room cleaning is done in the afternoon so forget about you after noon nap. If you take your nap, you miss the cleaning for that day. Cleaning is something for the morning hours. The breakfast buffet is very good, nothing wrong with that however, they could make some noodle soups for the asian guests. For them the breakfast is not good. The bar and restaurant from the resort is the biggest producer of noise in the neighbourhood. From 9 pm till 2 am very loud music, so it’s not a quiet place.

We payed for our “Luxury Delux Villa” 3500 baht (about 80 euro) per day. I think we can expect something more service for our money: Free wifi, complimentary water and coffee/tea fascillities wit free coffee- and tea bags every day. We had all this already, in a much cheaper resort, before.

So, if you don’t want stress during your vacation, you better find another place to stay. There is one resort at the end of View Point road. It’s called “Garden Home”. No swimming pool and they don’t have a website but you feel like you are home with your family and the bungalows are so unbelievably romantic and beautiful.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple