See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

Tropicana has an excellent location right at Chalok beach and there’s also nice relaxed pubs and restaurants close by. Though Tropicana serves really good food itself too! Our room was facing a beautiful big garden and it’s usually nice and quiet in the night time.

Our room was spacious and bed comfortable for asian standards. We had only fan (no ac) but it was okay and there is mozzie nets on windows to get a bit of a breeze. We loved our patio! Fridge in the room was a big plus for a longer stay and even there’s no water kettle in the room you can by hot water for just THB 5 from the restaurant. Great for us coffeeholics!

The staff was always welcoming and great for us! Room was cleaned when asked which in my opinion is the best way. For a bonus they have movies to borrow from the reception.

We would stay again!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Chaiwat T, Ohnmar [Tropicana Resot Team] at Koh Tao Tropicana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2018

Dear Anu M,
Thank you so much for a long stays with us. We are glad to know that you loved your stays with us. We feel so sorry to charge 5 THB for hot water as we do need to buy fresh water as well. We do appreciate your kind understating and a compliment about our staffs. We will note every positive feedback that might help to improve our resort facilities. Please do come back and we will serve you the best again.
Enjoy your days!

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

Someone from this hostel stole 450 bhat from me, someone else told me I was a liar and got kicked out with really bad manners.

I booked 2 nights with Tropicana before my arrival. I decided to stay an extra night, and I asked the two people at the reception. they said it was OK and I payed them. The day after, someone knocked on my door to ask me if I was checking out. When I said I had extended my stay, they said there was no record of it. Moreover, the two people I had paid for the extra night, said they hadn’t seen me the day before. I was accused of lying by another Tropicana worker. So I couldn’t get my money back and the kicked me out immediately.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Anna I
Chaiwat T, Ohnmar [Tropicana Resort Team] at Koh Tao Tropicana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2018

Dear Anna, First of all, we do apologize for what happened during your stays and we feel so sorry for this experience you had been through. To be specific, you booked 3 nights through OS. We do thank you for staying with us. We have been running this resort almost 20 years with the cheapest rate and we never have a case like this as well. We never kick out the customer against their will. Everyday our staffs need to deal with the cash with the system. Seriously, our staffs couldn’t trade their reputation with 450 Baht money. Once again, thank you so much for everything.

Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

Tropicana resort has good value accommodation and a great restaurant that serves international and local cuisines. The staff are helpful and friendly. Tropicana is also surrounded by many other amenities such as banking facilities, supermarkets, restaurants, clinic, pharmacy, transport etc. We certainly enjoy staying there.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Chaiwat T, Ohnmar [Tropicana Resort Team] at Koh Tao Tropicana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2018

Dear Yvonne L,
We do appreciate for the review. We are glad to know you have given us a good score and
your feedback make our staff more energetic.
We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed February 9, 2018

We had two peaceful nights in a small bungalow that was in second line to the beach. The double room (fan) was clean and comfortable with a rather small bathroom. If you're looking for a cheap but nice place to sleep, this is a good option right at the beach, close to bars and restaurants and still quiet at night.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeandraK40
Chaiwat T, ohnmar at Koh Tao Tropicana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2018

Dear Leandra K,
Thank you so much for your kind review and staying with us. We are really glad to know that you enjoy your stays at our Tropicana Resort and having a good time. Hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back. Enjoy your days!

Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

We got the double-twin room with fan (no AC) cuz they'll charge you double for that. Our room had the AC unit but they just take the remote. The toilet and shower are in the same small room. Bed is a little hard not too bad though. The stairs are really big steps so I tripped on them. No tv, no kettle, no mini fridge. Very simple. Only paid 700 baht though. Wasn't the greatest cleanliness. (Bugs can easily get in with the open noticeable cracks)

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Chaiwat T, other at Koh Tao Tropicana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2018

Dear NatashaL01,
Thank you so much for stay with us and taking time for a review. Mostly, our staffs show the room first depend on what kind of rooms that the customers would like to stay before check in. We will note every positive suggestion that will build our resort to be improve. Once again, we do appreciate for your review and hope to see you again.