All reviewspool villasea view cottageslemongrass teaour honeymoonpirate barchalok baygarden cottagealvaro divingcold towelsoutdoor showerwalk along the beachthe cottageshigh tidemosquito coilssmall beachthe hotel offersthai massage
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in a pool villa (Number 5). We read on the website that it was close to nature, but we did not expect to pay this much for the feeling of being on a luxury camping trip.

Sitting in the living room and watching a movie one night and ants where crawling all over my beer as i left it on the table.

Lots of toads, crabs and spiders in the bathroom. As one would expect since its outdoors, its just good to be aware of it.

If you leave the fruit basket out over night, you might get a visit form the local wildlife :-)

The restaurant is very scenic, but the food is not up to the standard that you would expect at a luxury resort.

The staff is kind and help full.

1  Thank dpgetz
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I stayed here on my honeymoon and had the most wonderful time. In fact, I found it difficult to leave the stunning pool villa room.
This is a true unique experience. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous and every tiny detail of decor is more amazing than the next. It is a perfect balance between luxury and eco-chic.
The open air bathroom with rainforest shower was an absolute delight.
Having our own private infinity pool to swim in while looking out at the amazing sunsets was priceless.
The service here is not typical as they do not have a concierge etc. but they will serve all your meals in your beautiful villa and even arranged for us to have sunset private massages in our room.
The food was great and, the few times we did venture out of the resort, we went to this amazing little restaurant down the boardwalk that had the best calamari I have ever had.

Room Tip: We stayed in Pool Villa 2
Reviewed January 13, 2012

we stayed 3 days in villa 4 with my wife.
it was a very unique experience with the feeling to be "poshly adventurous"

The villa is incredible, amazing view totaly secluded, full privacy and in harmony with the nature.
they picked us up from the pier and the transfer via a very bumpy road took about 25 minutes.

It is important to note the resort is not a 5 star, you must be going there to be in amazing pool villa period, no particular service beside a good in room breakfast and a summary room service and very good housekeeping. beside that nothing like a concierge or other amenities.
Reception even close at 10pm

not advised to young child and elderly. the villa can be dangerous for child not under close supervision and moving away from the room to access beach or village requires to go through a quite rough pathway with 60+ steps in the dark.

the restaurant isn't great although good and cheap.

a 10 min walk will get you to the village where you can get a taxi to explore more the island
I highly recommend Darawan restaurant and very very highly recommend the restaurant of the Jamahkiri (i ll probably write a review on that)

I recommend hiring a long boat to explore the east coast beaches which are to die for, white sand and crystal water.

Be aware you ll meet some friends at your villas: crabs, cats, spiders...but all harmless and that s part of the experience

Again the villas are absolutely amazing nothing you ll see anywhere else with one of the best view on earth, and therefore worth every penny.

Room Tip: villa 4 for privacy , villa 6 for best pool
3  Thank Jeffoun
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I stayed here with my ex on last March. It was the last hotel we looked after walking around the island, and i was happy with this resort. We got uphill bungalow, so needed a wee effort to get there, room was spacious, with free big bottles of mineral water changed everyday, but i'd say it was quite expensive compared to other places, but it was worthy with the scenery we got, clean big bed, clean bathroom, tv cable, small fridge, private pool, and breakfast and of course it was near to my dive shop BVD. The only thing i could complain about was the sound of party down at the beach that made me got bad sleep, kept waking me up. My advise would be, bring earplugs, it will help you alot.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend in October. We had booked a room with a sea view which we were told was confirmed when we called, but on arrival we were told that this room was not available but would be the following day, as the person in that room was sick,so we were moved to the bungalo for the 'jungle lover'. It was a beautiful, but there is no view at all as it surrounded by dense plants, so it is very dark. The next day we were moved to a bungalo with a sea view, which really did have a stunning view over the bay. We stayed for 5 nights in the resort. The rooms are very original, with beautiful architecture. My only fault of the resort was its service, there are dozens of staff, but nothing seemed to be well communicated. For example, we were not told that we could have had our room cleaned, you are apparantly supposed to hand in your room key if you want this to happen. I also did miss having a hot shower.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple