“Best dive school”
Review of Roctopus Dive

Ranked #12 of 104 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Roctopus Dive team is a young, friendly and energetic collection of dive instructors from throughout the world. Handpicked because of their passion for the underwater world and first class knowledge and experience teaching people how to dive. Our mission is to create safe, eco-conscious divers who respect the oceans and relish the exploration, challenge and travel opportunities that scuba diving in Koh Tao offers.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Best school really... Ebba was such a nice teacher who could tame my energie she had always time also for weaker students and was really good in explaining.. thumbs up ... Oh no forbidden :-)

JayRoc83, Owner at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Hi Daniel

Congratulations on completing your OWC with Ebba! Thanks for taking the time to write us a review enjoy the rest of your travels.

Roctopus Dive

Write a ReviewReviews (2,543)
All reviews
in 47 reviews
"learn how"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2018

My husband and I had a blast with the Roctopus crew on our honeymoon! I was enrolled for my open water certification and unfortunately was unwell on the first day, so my instructor John came over to our accommodation especially to catch me up on the course content. These guys are so flexible and accommodating they can make anything happen and John and Tom were awesome at helping me develop confidence under the water. Even though I didn't end up completing my certification this time around (sorry John!!) we had such a great hang on the boat with everyone, I went snorkelling off the boat on the second day and my husband completed 4 x fun dives which he loved. Hands down the best dive shop on the island! Thanks Roctopus!!

Hi Holly

Sorry to hear you were ill during your honeymoon and were unable to complete the OWC with John and Tom. We are super flexible and happy to go above and beyond to ensure you get the best from the course. We look forward to welcoming you back some day to complete the OWC, the you and your husband can dive together all over the world. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review, I will pass your compliments onto John,Tom and the rest of the team, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Loved fun diving with roctopuss! Went diving with another shop as well while in the island and doesn't even compare !

So professional with safely and made it so so fun. Loved it would highly recommend!

1  Thank edenamy
JayRoc83, Owner at Roctopus Dive, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Hi Edenamy

It was great to have you onboard diving with us! Thanks for the review and the recognition, we hope to see you back real soon for some more fun dives conditions are perfect at the minute!

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We went diving with the instructor Hannah Blake and it has been the highlight of the trip so far. We had a life changing experience that is very affordable. 10/10 going again.

Hi Caleb

Great to hear you have had a life changing experience with Hannah and our diving team! Super happy to know it has been the highlight of your trip! We look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Walked into Roctopus after it was suggested to me by a friend that used to work at another dive school on the Island, the rest is history. I was taken care of straight away by all the great staff members helping me choose a course that suited me best with the time I had. I opted for open water and advanced. The next day I was introduced to my instructure Birgit!!! she was amazing from start to finish. She was professional and was always a great leader in making sure I was safe and was always doing the skills the correct way....... But made it alot of fun at the same time. Showed me skills I'll be able to take all over the world, Birgit made this while Exsperiance alot of fun but also professional which is exacly what I wanted. Thank you Roctopus, your staff and boat crew are all amazing and massive thank you to Birgit for being so awesome!!!

Hi Jimmy

Congratulations on completing your OWC and AA with Birgit! Birgit has been one of our solid dive masters for over 8 months, she decided to further her dive education and went through our instructor program as she loves to dive and wanted to pass on her passion for the ocean and take the next step and teach people to dive. She is killing it at being an instructor and its nice to hear such positive feedback. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review I will pass on your comments to Birgit and the rest of the dive team, welcome to the sub culture!