“the best thai in 2 weeks of trip”
Review of Lanta Restaurant

Lanta Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 243 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed September 14, 2018

in 2 weeks up and down thailand this is the best thai food we enjoyed.
everything is fresh and express-cooked, the vegetables spring-rolls and the fried lemongrass chicken are crazy delicious! i wish i could come back soon!
when we left the island we asked the girl for take-aways and she made us this huge amazing portions.
thank u so much!! we loved eating there.

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Was looking forward to a lovely dinner here with all the good reviews below. I walked there, a little ways away from the main section of Sairee. It’s somewhat of a hole in the wall, but looked clean enough so I sat down.

I ordered a pineapple shake, fresh spring rolls with shrimp, papaya salad, and pad see ew—pretty basic things. There was one other group of about five people.

The shake came pretty quickly. It was fine, but more ice than juice/fruit, and it quickly became just a pile of ice you couldn’t easily drink. And then the waiting started. And the waiting. With only one other group, I figured things would be fast. But they kept going back up to add things to their order, and they kept getting the things they ordered (even things added later).

I stared at the woman until she realized I had been sitting almost a half hour, so she made me some spring rolls. They came out with about 95% cabbage, a few sprigs of carrot, and these tiny little frozen shrimp. Still cold and one still slightly crunchy from ice. I have never seen fresh spring rolls made like this.

At this point, I went up and canceled the rest of my order. Paid up and left in search of real food. What a colossal disappointment.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Went there many times while in Koh Tao. Best Thai food in the Island by far. 10 out of 10 restaurant. Nothing fancy with the restaurant which looks very very simple but the food is just unbelievable. Must try !!!

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Amazing, authentic, made to order, inexpensive Thai food. Absolutely worth going to. My boyfriend and I have already ate there twice.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Loved the food! We ordered some pad thai with chicken and shrimp, with some yellow noodle. Food was cheap and very tasty. Would definitely come back to eat some delicious thaifood for dinner.

Date of visit: June 2018