All reviewsopen waterfree accommodationadvanced coursesdiving coursesail rockawesome divingexcellent instructorswhite rocklearn howmy girlfrienddive resortdiving schoolmarine lifeair consairee beachmanupadi
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

Crystal Dive was super accommodating. We were quite pressed for time and they made it work that we could upgrade from scuba diver to open water in just a day and a half. We did all the classroom theory one day then did our pool skills and our 2 dives the following day. Our group was super small, just my sister and I. Kira was our instructor and she was nothing but lovely. She was very helpful and made everything super fun. Couldn’t recommend her highly enough and I hope we will meet again soon. I had such a lovely time here and would love to go back to upgrade to advanced in the near future :)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

I had randomly decided I wanted to scuba dive and I'm not the strongest swimmer either. I had Macca and Kira as my instructors, and i can't say more positive things about them. Macca is super funny and super knowledgable. He made digesting all the theory stuff so easy and gave us funny examples to remember things by like Beer Rum Wine Always Fun to remember the steps of our buddy checks. Kira was super nice and patient. I struggled with a couple of skills, even drank some sea water, but sh was was there each step of the way to make sure I got it and I felt confident with my skills. If you wanna learn to scuba dive. This is the place to learn it!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Can’t say enough good things about Crystal. We loved everything about it. We were lucky enough to get two instructors, Macca (Andy) and Kira, who were the most kind, helpful and patient in every way. They are also very experienced and knowledgeable which made us feel SO comfortable not to mention making it so much fun! We also had Dafydd and Paddy as our Dive Masters who were also so much fun and extremely helpful to have around. Although he wasn’t our instructor, Steve was also a pleasure to be with and helped us out regardless. Overall, just a bunch of accommodating, considerate and wholesome people who made our experience one of a kind. I would recommend them to everyone!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

Just finished the 4 day open water course at crystal.. absolutely loved it!! Everything was well organised, check in was easy and the included accommodation was good. All staff were very friendly and always keen to help. In particular our instructors Kira and Macca were so helpful, patient and made our whole experience so fun and relaxed. If we were ever unsure about something or had a worry they were reassuring, made us feel very at ease and were happy to repeat or go over anything until we were confident. I would 100% reccomend Crystal Dive for any form of dive course - it made our time on Koh Tao.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Laura B, Manager at Crystal Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2018

Thank you for your excellent review and for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We are extremely pleased you enjoyed your course and had an enjoyable and relaxing experience with us. Also, thank you for your kind comments regarding the quality of our instructional staff and these are passed on to the instructors. Thank you for the recommendation, we look forward to your next visit to Koh Tao.

Regards,

Crystal Dive Koh Tao

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Today I received my PADI open water dive certification, after completing the four day course here, and I could not be more satisfied. Dirk and Georgie were my instructors, and both top notch. Dirk my lead instructor, brought precision, efficiency, patience and a natural teaching ability to guide seven of us through the course. Starting, most of us had one small problem or the other to overcome, but through Dirk’s professionalism and natural teaching ability, we all overcame our fears and natural difficulties in learning to dive. We all graduated as confident divers, and I really credit not only these two, but the entire Crystal Dive staff from top to bottom. An amazing organization. If you want to dive Thailand, choose these folks.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your excellent review and recommendation and congratulations on completion of your Open Water course. We are extremely pleased you enjoyed your scuba diving experience and feel satisfied with your decision to dive with Crystal Dive Koh Tao. It is always encouraging to hear such positive comments regarding our instructional staff, these comments are always passed onto the staff. Dirk will be delighted you had such a positive experience.

We look forward to your return to Koh Tao and we hope you will continue your scuba diving adventures.

Regards,