All reviews open water free accommodation advanced courses diving course sail rock awesome diving excellent instructors white rock learn how my girlfriend dive resort diving school air con sairee beach manu padi skills
Reviewed July 8, 2018

George was a fantastic instructor for my daughter completing her open water PADI certification. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. Thanks for a great time diving. Would recommend Koh Tao and this school for fantastic diving.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Could not recommend this place more! Andrew was sensational - clear instructions and made every aspect of the Open Water certification interesting and, more importantly, super fun! If I could give more stars I would!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2018

I spent 2 months at Crystal working on my DM and IDC courses. I can not say enough about the superior level of training, support, and overall professionalism here. If your going to be in Thailand (or frankly anywhere close in SE Asia), this is the place to get your Scuba Training on!! Huge shout out to Manu, Tina, Andrea, Matt, and all of the amazing Instructors, DM/IDC students, and all of the other students/divers that I had the pleasure of meeting here. I will definitely be back and already miss my diving family more than words can express. Check out their website, shoot them a mail, and learn for your self the opportunities that Crystal can help you unlock and explore in the underwater world.

Room Tip: Pier Access, Beach Access, Great Staff & Service
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I can't say enough about the quality and professionalism of the Dive team at Crystal. My girlfriend and I got PADI open water certified there after reading reviews...and it was awesome!

Big Rich was our head instructor and he was a treat. Calm, professional and funny...he was absolutely able to articulate and emphasize that the skills we learned were serious and could save our lives...or that of our buddy. You could tell that he is very well respected there. I feel lucky that he was my instructor for this life-changing course and new skill/hobby/obsession. By the time we got into the ocean, I felt calm, competent and ready to go! (Hey Big Rich !)

Taylor was our other instructor and he was fantastic as well. He exuded calm under water and was always very clear and encouraging with his instructions. Once in the open water, a quick glance always found him floating along calmly a few feet away in case he was needed. I had some issues with my sinuses and equalization on the second open water dive and he patiently hung out with me while I took my time descending. Thanks for everything Taylor!

Both guys were social and joined us for after-dive refreshments and introduced us around to the other instructors and divers. The social aspect was a lot of fun and we felt like part of the gang by the time we left.

We really feel that Crystal Dive and these two excellent gentlemen have changed our lives. Sincere thanks!

Accommodations: So...I wouldn't stay in the free ones. They are very basic and just have a fan. If you're a budget traveller and can handle 30 degrees C + at night, then you'll be fine. We, however, opted for the $40/night, (CDN) room with AC in the hotel building next door. From discussions with a few of our backpacking team mates, we made the correct choice. Room was plain but the AC worked and it had a mini fridge to keep our bottled water cold. My back, (Sometimes twitchy) was totally fine with the bed.

Theres a decent Thai place next door for food and tons of options in the area.

Anyways, thanks again Crystal Dive, I'd say we'll be back for Advanced...but there's a lot more ocean to explore! Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Get air conditioning!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

Crystal Dive was super accommodating. We were quite pressed for time and they made it work that we could upgrade from scuba diver to open water in just a day and a half. We did all the classroom theory one day then did our pool skills and our 2 dives the following day. Our group was super small, just my sister and I. Kira was our instructor and she was nothing but lovely. She was very helpful and made everything super fun. Couldn’t recommend her highly enough and I hope we will meet again soon. I had such a lovely time here and would love to go back to upgrade to advanced in the near future :)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family